I wonder if you boys in the higher echelons of this wonderful BBQ fantasy world can give a bit of a heads up to us new starters out there.
In the "other" BarberVoldermotQ (he that should not be named) forum I asked if they were any informal "get togethers" so people like me could garner info and learn the magic art from the more experienced BBQ wizards and got Nada. Wade graciously came back by PM and mentioned that a meeting of the SMF bbq magic circle is being held in the hidden woodlands at Woodhall Spa and is taking place on the 31st July.
Now being shy and bashful I wondered if its......................
1. Special invite only? And if invited is it..
2. Casual shorts and flip-flop's or BBQ black tie and apron?
3. If you cant transport any BBQ cooking gear what would you bring?
4. Whilst dipping your bread in another mans gravy may be OK for some what can one contribute rather than freeloading?
5. I have see some of your me and you's and fear that you have all gone to great expense to put the show on the road so if an invitation is proffered what is etiquette to bring? meat, charcoal, booze or contribute a few sheckles to alleviate some of the financial burden?
looking forward to your advices