Happy 4th Bear! So some quick data Re: our previous discussion.
- Set smoker to 225F and started it up
- Goal was to get stable temps +-15F from 225F so 210 to 240F
- Smoker was at 175F when my Mav hit 225F
- So I quickly set smoker temp to 175F
- Smoker temp then coasted and topped out at 215F with my Mav at 248F
- I then set my smoker temp to 215F
- Smoker temp dropped down to 213F and then the element kicked on, my Max said 221F
- Smoker temp coasted up to 225F with my Mav at 243F
- I changed my smoker temp to 210F
- Smoker temp dropped to 209F and started heating, Mav temp said 212F
- Smoker temp bottom at 207F and Mav said 210F
Process took about 1.5 hours
After about 2 hours I had stable temps of 210F-240F
Am I doing things correctly?