or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Patty Melts, It's what's for dinner!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Patty Melts, It's what's for dinner!

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

 

Saw a post with caramelized onions on a burger and AUTOMATICALLY my brain went to patty melts!

Not completely authentic but good and tasty for me.:drool

 

All different types of cheeses in there, came together real nice... made up a homemade sauce.

 

Cooked them up with the Big Poppa up at grill level. 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 16
Looks great. Fries done on the smoker to?
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Looks great. Fries done on the smoker to?

  Thanks Adam.    No they were crinkle cut done in a skillet with a little olive oil. 

post #4 of 16
Looks tasty to me!
post #5 of 16

Man That looks great, nice job

 

Gary

post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Man That looks great, nice job

 

Gary

Hey appreciate Gary! 

 

 

Did I hear your son in law was in the hospital?   Hope all is ok....prayers help!

post #7 of 16
Those are pretty tasty looking! The last place that used to have them on the menu here finally closed.

I do wish you'd hung the whole sandwee and cooked it. Then I could've gave you points!!!!
post #8 of 16
Must've been something in the air yesterday. We had burgers with fried onions and crinkle cut fries for dinner last night too! Ours were sliders though. Did my best to replicate the ones from the Little Taverns that used to dot the landscape around here.
I haven't had a patty melt in years. I think I need to put them on the menu in a few days. Thanks for the inspiration!
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post

Must've been something in the air yesterday. We had burgers with fried onions and crinkle cut fries for dinner last night too! Ours were sliders though. Did my best to replicate the ones from the Little Taverns that used to dot the landscape around here.
I haven't had a patty melt in years. I think I need to put them on the menu in a few days. Thanks for the inspiration!

LOL ....yep fried onions were in the air!    We have a place here called Powers Hamburgers and they do those little sliders.....mmm now I might have to make those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Those are pretty tasty looking! The last place that used to have them on the menu here finally closed.

I do wish you'd hung the whole sandwee and cooked it. Then I could've gave you points!!!!

Dagnabbit Case, I would have hung them if it would have toasted the bread and kept the onions and cheese in!      head-wall.gif

post #10 of 16

FWI That is great looking and I bet tasty.We are having burgers tomorrow I know how the onions are being done,Thanks for sharing

 

:points:

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

FWI That is great looking and I bet tasty.We are having burgers tomorrow I know how the onions are being done,Thanks for sharing

 

:points:

Thanks, it makes burgers sooo much better imo

 

 

 

See Case someone gave me points. ....so talk to .76.gif 

post #12 of 16

love patty melts, those look great

post #13 of 16

Terrific looking meal! The qview is making me hungry.

 

Disco

post #14 of 16

Looks Great, Keith!!Thumbs Up

 

Nice Sammies!:drool

And the onions were done Perfectly!!:drool:drool

 

Bear

post #15 of 16

Amen  Brother, Looks Great

 

Gary

post #16 of 16

Awesome looking meal think we'll have to do that tonite

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Patty Melts, It's what's for dinner!