Moving along, I got some stuff done this weekend.
Trimmed the two bradford Pear trees in the back, burnt the trimmings, split and stacked some wood for the pit, tossed our pool in the trash, finished the Asparagus Bed, Finished the vertical tower#2, Started on the pavers out front...laid directly on clay soil. Finished the NFT Rails, Got the water drums in place. Just need to install a spigot for the water reservoirs and spray paint.
February 21st, 2016 - OK the seedlings are doing well, now its time to figure out how to transplant them. I'm not worried about the soil plants but the Hydro plants got me worried, I am not sure how to hold these over until I can setup the Hydro systems, NFT, Kratky and the Deep water Culture gardens.
I tossed the question around on a few forums and someone suggested a Crowded Kratky Setup, hmmm, that sounds good, so of to HD again to pick up another totes.
This is what I came up with, the plants will be placed in the net-cups with the rockwool still intact and filled with Hydroton. The reservoir will be a diluted solution of my fertz, probably 20 percent (diluted 80%)
- Crowded Kratky Seedling Reservoir
- This will hold 24 plants, that should be plenty for my Hydro plants.
- February 21ST, 2016 - (Day 0) Planted some Herbs
- Basil 8 weeks (Soil/Hydro) 0 days
- Rosemary 8 weeks (Soil) 0 days
- Parsley 8 weeks (Soil) 0 days
Over the next few weeks I will be thinning the seedlings.
- Ghost Chili (middle) JaxRmrJmr
- Datil Pepper (L) JaxRmrJmr - Matts Wild Cherry (R) JaxRmrJmr
- Purple Stripe Eggplant (R) JaxRmrJmr
- Extra Pepper seeds that were planted...backup lol. These (soil) seedlings are all at least a week behind the rockwool plants.