Ok all, so here is the final output of my first try at bacon.
This went very well and apparently I will be making this again my wife says.
So to recap I followed Pops Brine mixture and then let this sit for twelve days.
After twelve days I removed one of the pieces and sliced a bit off to taste ad see if the flavor was right (it was).
Initially I just put the bellies in my MES 30 and used my A-MAZE-N smoker. the temp held at about 83°. After about 5 hours I did turn on the smoker and set it to 100° and left it this way for the remainder of the time in the smoker.
I started at 12:00 PM and let this smoke with Maple and Oak until 10:30 PM when the smoke stopped (so 10 1/2 hours).
Here it is out of the smoker:
Here it is the following morning after sitting in the fridge all night, sliced and ready to make breakfast.
Here it is frying up:
Here is is cooked up and on the plate. I had breakfast with my wife and son on the back deck as it was a beautiful morning.
This came out fantastic and I will be watching for more bellies. My only issue is I now have 25lbs of bacon to slice up by hand. Maybe a slicer is in my future.
Thanks for looking