First time no wrap and I'm impressed!
Had one rack in the freezer for the past 3 weeks. Decided to eat late tonight and toss them onto the WSM.
Kept smoke on them for about 2.5 hours and then just let them go from there. Smoked at 220 / 240 the entire time (too low or just right?)
- Next time i'll apply smoke for the entire cook
- Could not tell much of a flavor difference from wrapped to not wrapped but if I had to choose I would select no wrap
- Perhaps wrapped ribs are just a bit more moist
- Good tenderness with no wrap
- Did not miss the wrap step one bit at all, I've always thought it was a pain!!
Rubbed and ready to go.
Onto the WSM.
1 hour in a little snack showed up.
2.5 hours in.
4 hours in.
All done! 5 hours. Bad to the bone...
Despite a lot of checking, they still turned out really, really good. My overall realization is, I like both wrapped and non-wrapped ribs, however; non-wrapped will probably be my go-to way now.