or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › GARY'S EASY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GARY'S EASY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE - Page 2

post #21 of 36
Looks delicious! Nice boning job, I noticed your boning knife right away.Just looks like it should.
post #22 of 36

Hey you forgot my plate.

 

Looks good.

post #23 of 36

Dang , Gary. That's a nice post. You're going strong , 15K + post . Don't you work:confused: LOL

post #24 of 36

Gary, thanks for the recipe, gonna try it. Made the trip to super one myself, stocked up some Butts. Course had to make several trips. 

 Loved your post and the finished product looks outstanding. CF

post #25 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilefarmer View Post
 

Gary, thanks for the recipe, gonna try it. Made the trip to super one myself, stocked up some Butts. Course had to make several trips. 

 Loved your post and the finished product looks outstanding. CF

 

 

Not a bad price I have 3 in the freezer and one for the sausage.  I caught the a while back for $1.27

 

Gary

post #26 of 36

I like the spice blend!

 

Good looking sausages.

 

Disco

post #27 of 36

Nice looking patties Gary!

post #28 of 36


Man, I love sausage, but with all the extra junk they put in it, my wife said NO WAY!!

 

I showed her this post and she is picking up some Butt today.

 

TY for the info.

post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Looks great. I want a good breakfast sausage recipe but I am going to stuff into sheep casings


yep, sheep casing work great on the smaller sausages.

post #30 of 36

Hey Gary

 

Great post.  I love breakfast sausage, but like LarryP said, you can't get good stuff up here.  BTW, the last butt I bought cost $4 a pound here.

 

:points:

 

Gary

post #31 of 36
Thread Starter 

Thanks Gary,  butts are pretty cheap here, bellies are what's high.

 

Thanks for the point

 

Gary

post #32 of 36

So, Gary, we made up a small batch of your sausage today. Used chicken, goose and some bacon.

 

Gotta say, this is some of the best I have ever had.

 

I'll post a pic of some frying once I finish grinding the last batch of meat up. 

post #33 of 36
Thread Starter 

Thanks, You never know how peoples taste varies  glad you liked it.  I think I said this in another post, I like the flavor  but my wife doesn't she really only likes Purnell's Old Folks Sausage. Still trying to figure out their recipe. She did say she liked the deer sausage I used to make, I told her I used AC Leggs seasoning, bought some, made some she said it still wasnt what she remembered.

Tough critic.

 

Gary

post #34 of 36
Gary, little confused with your measurements. Are they (.)2 and (.)6 and (.)5 of this an that in tsp or tb. Or .2 and .6 and .5 of this an that per lb? Getting ready to do this and don't want to screw it up. Thanks for the help!!
post #35 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pighog View Post

Gary, little confused with your measurements. Are they (.)2 and (.)6 and (.)5 of this an that in tsp or tb. Or .2 and .6 and .5 of this an that per lb? Getting ready to do this and don't want to screw it up. Thanks for the help!!

 

 

.2 ,  .6   ,   .5         Just multiply how many pounds of meat times these partial spoon fulls

 

 

Gary

post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post


.2 ,  .6   ,   .5         Just multiply how many pounds of meat times these partial spoon fulls


Gary
Thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › GARY'S EASY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE