or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Mule's easy to peel fresh boiled eggs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mule's easy to peel fresh boiled eggs - Page 2

post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicsmoke View Post

Awesome.

Any trick for softboiled eggs? I like them served warm, so long ice water bath won't work.

No sorry.

Happy smoken.

David

post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post

What I use.

41DhrfRhsPL.jpg

  • 71OdOJs3MvL._SX425_.jpg







Tom
Learn something new everyday. Never seen an egg capper.
post #23 of 29

This is the way I've always hard boiled eggs. I never even knew it was a "technique". Thanks, I feel smarter already! :biggrin:

post #24 of 29

 I was so tickled to see Mules thread on hard boiling eggs.  There are so many things that we take for granted, one being able to hard boil easy peeling eggs without green on the inside.  Obviously Mule realizes that fact. 

 

 

Just the other day a friend was visiting who has a wife that prides herself when it comes to cooking.  He asked if I would teach him how to hard boil an egg so he could relay it on to his wife.  He said she was too embarrassed to ask.

 

Thanks for being thoughtful Mule.

Side note:  I was once told by a chef that each of the 100 folds in a chefs hat :439: represented a different way to cook an egg.  th_dunno-1[1].gif  

 

Tom

post #25 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneeley490 View Post
 

This is the way I've always hard boiled eggs. I never even knew it was a "technique". Thanks, I feel smarter already! :biggrin:

:77:

What made me thing to start this thread was after I've heard so many people saying they don't like fresh eggs because they are so hard to peel.

Happy smoken.

David

post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post
 

 I was so tickled to see Mules thread on hard boiling eggs.  There are so many things that we take for granted, one being able to hard boil easy peeling eggs without green on the inside.  Obviously Mule realizes that fact. 

 

 

Just the other day a friend was visiting who has a wife that prides herself when it comes to cooking.  He asked if I would teach him how to hard boil an egg so he could relay it on to his wife.  He said she was too embarrassed to ask.

 

Thanks for being thoughtful Mule.

Side note:  I was once told by a chef that each of the 100 folds in a chefs hat :439: represented a different way to cook an egg.  th_dunno-1[1].gif It might just be???? 

 

Tom

I never gave it much thought till I started giving fresh eggs to my friends and kept hearing how hard fresh eggs are to peel.Happy smoken

post #27 of 29
I tried this trick with softboiled eggs. Used cold tap water (no ice) and let them sit for a few minutes. They do peel a lot easier...no white chunks coming off. I admit they don't peel as nice as in mule's pics , but the yolk is still warm when I get to it.

Thanks for sharing.
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicsmoke View Post

I tried this trick with softboiled eggs. Used cold tap water (no ice) and let them sit for a few minutes. They do peel a lot easier...no white chunks coming off. I admit they don't peel as nice as in mule's pics , but the yolk is still warm when I get to it.

Thanks for sharing.

 

I've tried using tap water (42°) only on both soft and hard boiled eggs and found them harder to peel than when using ice in the water.  They cool enough to handle at a faster rate and peel cleaner while still leaving the yolk warm and a little runny. 

 

T

post #29 of 29

An easy way to prevent the shell from sticking to the hard  boiled egg is to prick the egg with the end of a steak knife when it starts to boil. You will see a little stream of air coming from the egg as it starts to boil. after the egg has boiled to a hard state I cool under cold water and crack on the side of the pot and peel while still warm.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Mule's easy to peel fresh boiled eggs