My wife and I have been having fun making grilled pizzas. Last night I came up with a new recipe that turned out pretty good, so here it is:
1. Pre-heat grill, then mix up a pizza crust
a. 2 and 1/4 teaspoons yeast
b. 1 and 1/3 cups warm water
c. 3 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
d. 2 Tablespoons olive oil
e. 3/4 teaspoon salt
f. 1 Tablespoon sugar
g. cornmeal, for dusting pizza stone
2. Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a pan
3. Add ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes and 2 cloves minced garlic and cook until garlic is lightly browned
4. Add 1 cup fresh spinach, diced and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Cook until spinach wilts slightly. Set asside
5. Add more olive oil to pan and heat again.
6. Thinly slice 1 large chicken breast and add to pan. Cook with ½ teaspoon basil, and a dash of kosher salt
7. Slice a 1/8 inch slice of a large onion and separate the rings
8. Slice ½ green pepper
9. Spread pizza dough on greased cooking stone.
10. Use oil/garlic/spinach mixture as sauce, spread evenly over dough.
11. Evenly spread sliced chicken over sauce.
12. Add sliced onion and green peppers
13. Slice 6-8 small sun dried tomatoes into ¼ inch slices (mine were jarred in olive oil from Sams Club) and add them to the pizza
14. Cut 6 whole artichoke hearts in half and spread over pizza (we added them whole last night and thought we should cut them in half next time)
15. Top with shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
16. Place pizza stone on hot grill, throw on a few apple chips, then let it cook until crust is brown.
Serve it with your favorite adult beverage. It turned out nice and tasty, with a little smokey flavor. My wife loved it!