or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Philly can keep there cheesesteak!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Philly can keep there cheesesteak!!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
That's right I said it take your cheesesteak and shove it!!! Okay I'll still eat them.biggrin.gif But there's a new sandwich star in town the leftover r/s Tri tip FIVE cheese monster grilled cheese! So I sautéed some mushrooms and onions the deglazed the pan with leftover juices from the Tri tip removed from heat tossed on some thin sliced leftover r/s Tri tip to warm. Then layered bread,Kraft single,Tri tip,mushrooms,onions,four cheddar blend cheese,a slice of toast and then repeat.
Well I can only say after grilling the perfect four cheddar blend crust on top it was sandwich perfection!rofl.gif
post #2 of 19
Tasty lookin sammie
post #3 of 19
Looks awesome.... Toss in a cold brewsky to wash it down & I'd be all other that ! icon14.gif. Actually I'd eat it with or without a brewsky.... But much prefer with ! biggrin.gif
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Looks awesome.... Toss in a cold brewsky to wash it down & I'd be all other that ! icon14.gif. Actually I'd eat it with or without a brewsky.... But much prefer with ! biggrin.gif

Thanks, I usally stick with Coke,but if the beer showed up I may drink it!
post #5 of 19
To me there is no greater combination on earth than beef and cheese. I would wreck this sandwich haha
post #6 of 19
That's a delicious looking sandwich! Funny thing, a cheesesteak in Philadelphia is all about being simple, quick and best of all cheap. They'd look at that and think they were in a 5 star restaurant!
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post

To me there is no greater combination on earth than beef and cheese. I would wreck this sandwich haha

The only bummer was work called and I had to make a delivery,but it prolonged the sandwich enjoy enjoyment!
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post

That's a delicious looking sandwich! Funny thing, a cheesesteak in Philadelphia is all about being simple, quick and best of all cheap. They'd look at that and think they were in a 5 star restaurant!

Thanks,it was tasty!
post #9 of 19

b-one that looks great good way to use the leftover,love mushroom and onions on a steak.

:points: 

post #10 of 19
Yo, trash talking Philly ? That don't look like no Tony Lucs to me. Yeah, simple, top rib eye, wiz wit and a fresh baked roll. Looks like one of those fancy North Liberties patty melts for $20. Philly joke. Anyway ,nice sammie combo , looked delicious.
Edited by wimpy69 - 4/23/15 at 4:52am
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

b-one that looks great good way to use the leftover,love mushroom and onions on a steak.
points.gif 
Thank you sir and thanks for the point!
post #12 of 19
Tasty sandwee! I'd take a Tri tip sandwee any day!
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy69 View Post

Yo, trash talking Philly ? That don't look like no Tony Lucs to me. Yeah, simple, top rib eye, wiz wit and a fresh baked roll. Looks like one of those fancy North Liberties patty melts for $20. Philly joke. Anyway ,nice sammie combo , looked delicious.

Bring it on tough guy:biggrin: we use to have a place here that had really good cheesesteaks they changed there menu I always got double meat and cheese they couldn't believe I could put it down but I always did! The only place now skimps on the cheese IMHO. If I had a steady supply of real good ones I might not fit out my door.
post #14 of 19

I am always looking for things to do with leftover meat. This looks great, I must try it! Thanks for the idea.

 

Dave

post #15 of 19

Dang, that looks good - I  need to try something like that!

 

:points:

post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post

I am always looking for things to do with leftover meat. This looks great, I must try it! Thanks for the idea.

Dave

Hey no problem the cheese crust is great for upping any sando!
post #17 of 19

Dang, b-one that's a fine looking sammidge.

Points for making me drool.      :drool

 

             Ed

post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoPZ View Post

Dang, that looks good - I  need to try something like that!

points.gif

Thanks,I'm thinking a split sausage sando this way.
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjammer View Post

Dang, b-one that's a fine looking sammidge.
Points for making me drool.      drool.gif

             Ed

Thanks Ed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Philly can keep there cheesesteak!!