or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Three racks of ribs and a whole chicken
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Three racks of ribs and a whole chicken

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Today I've decided to smoke a few racks of spare ribs and a whole chicken. I am doing then Jack Daniels style since someone gave me a JD gift set of their seasoning and sauces. I've bought two bags of JD smoking chips and I am mixing apple juice/Jack Daniels together for mop sauce. We will see how this all turns out with my test subjects (aka my coworkers). I personally predict a flop but we will see!

My products used for this smoke:








Loaded up and fire started:

post #2 of 13
Thread Starter 
As some of you know I was looking at replacing my smoker here earlier but I've decided to keep it as my smoker and bought a Weber Classic 22in kettle for my grilling needs.

Here's a couple shots of it in action grilling steaks and Cajun chicken tenders grilling_smilie.gif:




post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaBBQ View Post

As some of you know I was looking at replacing my smoker here earlier but I've decided to keep it as my smoker and bought a Weber Classic 22in kettle for my grilling needs.

Here's a couple shots of it in action grilling steaks and Cajun chicken tenders grilling_smilie.gif:




Nice new kettle there. Might I suggest you get some of these. Best invention Weber has come up with since the kettle.

I love these baskets. they are like 12 bucks. These with the one touch system and you are grilling and smoking like a champ.

post #4 of 13

It looks like your running out of room on your smoker. A full smoker is always a good thing.

post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Mid-smoke here, keeping the mop sauce flowing and the beer:

43CA6889-F912-4087-A3D1-9B09E1EA3609.jpg
post #6 of 13

All looks tasty , you should not get a thumbs down , those Ribs look great and the chicken looks like it is comfy too. . .

 

Keep it up , we're watching , Coffee.gif .

 

Have fun and ,

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Moving alone nicely:

7BFAAF9E-141F-4428-9A37-F75F7F403681.jpg
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Action shot of my poor decrepit smoker:

7BB0ED23-5056-42F8-BBBB-B1884E211BB8.jpg
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberjet View Post

Nice new kettle there. Might I suggest you get some of these. Best invention Weber has come up with since the kettle.


I love these baskets. they are like 12 bucks. These with the one touch system and you are grilling and smoking like a champ.

Thanks for the input but the Kettle is just for grilling not smoking! I know it can be a great smoker but I mainly bought it for searing steaks and better heat control for chicken and pork.
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
We had Cuban marinated pork chops and Greek seasoned asparagus for dinner:

8B1F2E2E-338C-4039-8E6A-24A93CDDB5DA.jpg
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Ribs just came off nice and tender but that rub sucks!!! Not a pleasant flavor at all, luckly my coworkers will just slopp sauce all over them! The chicken came out great and I look forward to doing more chicken in the smoker.
post #12 of 13

I am always leery of trying new rubs. I came up with my own blend a while ago and now I can't get the nerve to try anything else fearing that it won't be good.

post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaBBQ View Post


Thanks for the input but the Kettle is just for grilling not smoking! I know it can be a great smoker but I mainly bought it for searing steaks and better heat control for chicken and pork.


Well, regardless of weather you smoke on your kettle or not those baskets make things better, cleaner, and easier. Just giving you a little tip but since you don't want them then fine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Three racks of ribs and a whole chicken