I made Pastrami, took a couple of beef roast and cured them in Pop's brine with 3/4 cup of pickling seasoning per gallon of brine. Injected them with the brine and left them cure for about 4 weeks. The rub I used was
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- Combine coriander seeds, peppercorns and mustard seeds in a spice grinder. Grind coarsely. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Rub is now ready to use. It may be stored, refrigerated in an airtight container.
put the rub on the meat and let it set for about 6 hours then smoked with hickory till it had an internal temp of 155 degrees. Then put it in refrigerator for 24 hours and sliced it.