No moisture pan for me.
You definitely need to do more research. (: Here is a research methodology I would recommend for you:
1. Go to the store and buy a butt and some wood chips.
2. Put some salt, pepper, paprika, or whatever spices you have all over the butt. Soak the chips for 1/2 hour and put a couple handfuls in an aluminum foil pouch with some holes in the top. Put the pouch between your grates and your Flavor Bars as Weber calls them. Put the butt on a cookie sheet or a disposable aluminum tray and put it in your grill. Close the grill.
3. Light the burner under your pouch and adjust until your grill thermo reads 225 degrees or so.
4. This is the difficult part. Multiply the number of pounds your butt weighs by 2 and write that number down on your arm.
5. Reward yourself for completing that difficult task by drinking beer and smoking cigars for that number of hours. Do not open your grill because that means your are not drinking beers and smoking cigars.
6. When that time is up, wrap your butt in aluminum foil and towels and put it in a cooler or something for an hour or so.
7. Eat the pork and cry unfathomable tears of joy while the pork juices run down your face and onto your naked belly.
When you complete this methodology you will have everything you need to smoke at virtually no cost and will be well on your way to your first smoke! (:
Hahahahaha....... love it. But seriously, wet wood does not smoke until it is dry wood so no soaking.