I am Mangog and here are my particulars:
1) I live in Northern California in the Sierra Nevada foothills about an hour or so from Sacramento, or say 90 minutes from Lake Tahoe
2) I have been smoking meat/vegetables etc. for nearly 20 years and use an old Brinkman unit that I purchased from Home Depot nineteen years ago. It leaks a mite, so I am considering purchasing a new smoker and have greatly enjoyed the reviews/comments on smokers on this forum which will assist me in choosing a new smoker.
3) I only utilize wood when I smoke and primarily (chunk) apple, hickory, alder and cherry (with the occasional Mesquite for some additional bitter flavour).
4) I enjoy smoking top/bottom rounds of beef, beef and pork ribs, beef and pork (brined) filets, buffalo (all cuts), chicken/turkey breasts (normally brined), fish, eggs, cheese, and about anything else the happens to "get in my way" when I am smoking!! :-)
5) I smoke usually two to three times per month given our rather mild winters here.
6) I have yet to smoke beef/buffalo jerky and will be experimenting with that soon.
I am enjoying this site and look forward to interacting with y'all!! :-)