or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Prime Rib on the mini
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prime Rib on the mini

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

My better half and I decided to do a two bone rib roast yesterday.  Even with 30 mph wind gusts, everything seemed to work out ok.

 


Prepped with olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning.

 

 

 

 

 


Going on the mini with a mix of hickory and pecan.

 

 

 

 

 


Time to get it inside.

 

 

 

 


Yum!

 

 

 


Time to dig in.  Happy Easter everyone!!

post #2 of 8
That looks awesome, nice job ! icon14.gif
post #3 of 8
That's GORGEOUS! I'm doing a 2 pounder on the mini later today. What temp did you smoke it at?
post #4 of 8
That looks fantastic!!
post #5 of 8
Looks fantastic! The mini can smoke in any kind of weather.

POINTS!
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post

That's GORGEOUS! I'm doing a 2 pounder on the mini later today. What temp did you smoke it at?


The temp was all over the place because of the wind.  It was anywhere from 230 - 270.  I pulled it at 137

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks fantastic! The mini can smoke in any kind of weather.

POINTS!


Thanks sailor.  The mini sure is mighty!

post #7 of 8
Get yourself some reflectix insulation and make a wind break. The wind will never be a problem again. Several threads in the Mini-WSM forum on them.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Get yourself some reflectix insulation and make a wind break. The wind will never be a problem again. Several threads in the Mini-WSM forum on them.


I already made one and it usually works great.   I guess It was just one of those days where I was going to chase it no mater what. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Prime Rib on the mini