Fired it up!
It seems to be very efficient. I loaded it with too much wood but my plan was to get it into the 550* Range for at least 1 hour to burn off all the oils etc.
So I fired it up and closed the FB door. I opened the lower vents to max. It hit 250* in about 5 minutes using some Oak and Eucalyptus hard wood mix that I burn in my
I opened the upper vent and in less than 10 minutes it was at 550*. I adjusted the vents and held it at 550* for 1 hour. After that I adjusted them more and held
400* for 7 hours straight. I only added 2 small pieces of wood, I originally stared off with 4 Pieces or so. I just added 3 more pieces and I am going to hold it at 400*
Til past dark. Then let it cool off. One of the gauges also took a dump. I am glad I ordered and extra one!
I finished the lower rack and built a shelf that will have hinges on the bottom. It will slide over 1.5" and fold down out of the way. The CC Door closures are half way made up. I tack welded the door shut so I could smoke out! haha There are hardly any leaks at all and I have no gaskets on anything.
So far I am well pleased and glad I found this site. Couldn't have built it without the calculations. Well I could but it would have been a Cluster BLEEP! haha