Been lingering for a bit before I registered. Now I am about ready so here we go.
I just picked up this tank. They are very hard to find here in California and when you do they are still pricey.
This will be a back yard patio RF Smoker. Here are some of the features I will be applying to this build.
1) Single CC Door
2) Double slide out cooking racks
3) RF Plate with tub style basin and drain
4) Double wall fire box
5) Raised Fire Box Grate with room for ash dump
6) Fire box vents underneath the fire
7) Vent above the fire on fire box
8) 4" Chimney if the calculations work out
9) Chimney Flu as per Dave's drawing in the link below. Inlet of Flu at Bottom close to lower rack & Top of flu at Top Rack.
I have messed around with the calculator on the link below. After I unloaded the tank I forgot to measure how tall it was. Need to do that later tonight.
I started ordering parts. So far the following is on the way.
1) 2- Thermometers 3" big face
2) 7" Bullet Hinges for the CC Door
3) 3" Bullet Hinges for the FB Door
I will be hitting up 2 of my local recycle yards that sell scrap metal by the pound. I can usually find 1/4 plate there along with the other materials I will need.
A little back ground on myself. I was a welder/fabricator by trade more than 18 years ago. Now I am just a Hobbiest. I have Mig, TIg & Stick welders, plasma cutters etc and I know how to use all of them fairly well!
My idea here is to pre plan most everything, gather all of the materials that I will need and then go into attack mode trying my best to stick to the plan.
As I go along here, any helpful information will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting this started here very soon.