or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Wild Game › elk sirloin tip roast
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

elk sirloin tip roast

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

I plan to smoke a sirloin tip elk roast weekend after Easter.  Rub suggestions, hints, tips, anything at all would be appreciated.  Thus far, I have smoked chicken(bad), 2 boston butts (both were wonderful), and a half wild turkey breast(awesome).  I am thinking I want to slice the elk, but am open to suggestions.  Thanks for any help.

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmokerky View Post
 

I plan to smoke a sirloin tip elk roast weekend after Easter.  Rub suggestions, hints, tips, anything at all would be appreciated.  Thus far, I have smoked chicken(bad), 2 boston butts (both were wonderful), and a half wild turkey breast(awesome).  I am thinking I want to slice the elk, but am open to suggestions.  Thanks for any help.

 

This is my favorite thing to do with Beef Sirloin Tip (Below).

 

If I had an Elk Sirloin Tip, that could even be better:

 

 
 
 
Bear       
 
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

 

This is my favorite thing to do with Beef Sirloin Tip (Below).

 

If I had an Elk Sirloin Tip, that could even be better:

 

 
 
 
Bear       
 

That looks great, and sounds simple enough.  I don't have Montreal steak seasoning.  Is it spicy?  

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmokerky View Post
 

That looks great, and sounds simple enough.  I don't have Montreal steak seasoning.  Is it spicy?  

 

If you noticed, none of us like the Montreal crap.

We all agreed it tasted like salty cardboard.

I scraped all I could off.

 

I would go with Worcestershire "Thick"---Then CBP, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.

 

If you can't find Worcestershire "Thick"----Use Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce (Same thing---New name)

 

 

Bear

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 

What is CBP?  I'm a big fan of Durkee steak dust.  Ever used it?  It's great on beef, deer, and elk.

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmokerky View Post
 

What is CBP?  I'm a big fan of Durkee steak dust.  Ever used it?  It's great on beef, deer, and elk.

 

Cracked Black Pepper = CBP

 

I never had the Durkee Steak Dust, but it sounds good.

 

The Sauce is basically spread on the meat first, after rinsing & patting dry. That gives the CBP, & powders something to stick to.

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Wild Game
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Wild Game › elk sirloin tip roast