or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › First time beer can chicken
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First time beer can chicken - Page 2

post #21 of 28
I agree. I've decided my next time I'm gonna drink the beer and use a combo of cider vinegar and apple juice, with a little rub, garlic, and onion thrown in. As I've mentioned else where. Smoke and Spice Jalapeno/peach BBQ sauce is quite good on this.
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreen View Post

I agree. I've decided my next time I'm gonna drink the beer and use a combo of cider vinegar and apple juice, with a little rub, garlic, and onion thrown in. As I've mentioned else where. Smoke and Spice Jalapeno/peach BBQ sauce is quite good on this.

Good idea.  I'll throw onion and garlic in the can next time as well; couldn't hurt.  Your sauce sounds interesting, never used a peach based one before.

post #23 of 28
nether had I until I tried the one in "Smoke and Spice" . I've had other types since but this one is fairly easy to make and tastes good on the chicken. Another thing I've tried with it is to smear it on bacon just before it's done.
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreen View Post

nether had I until I tried the one in "Smoke and Spice" . I've had other types since but this one is fairly easy to make and tastes good on the chicken. Another thing I've tried with it is to smear it on bacon just before it's done.

 

Oh man!  THAT sounds great!  What is Smoke and Spice

post #25 of 28

Makes me want to do some BCC!

post #26 of 28
Smoke and Spice is a cook book. I've seen it avertised here. I've got a lot of cookbooks on bbq and smoking as I'm sure a lot here do, but that one is one of my favorites. They cover a lot of ground from types of smokers, different woods to sauces, rubs and recipes. I've tried several things from it and have usually been happy with it. Okay, that's enough testimonial.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nymjk View Post

 

Oh man!  THAT sounds great!  What is Smoke and Spice

 

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreen View Post

Smoke and Spice is a cook book. I've seen it avertised here. I've got a lot of cookbooks on bbq and smoking as I'm sure a lot here do, but that one is one of my favorites. They cover a lot of ground from types of smokers, different woods to sauces, rubs and recipes. I've tried several things from it and have usually been happy with it. Okay, that's enough testimonial.


 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymjk View Post
 

 

Oh man!  THAT sounds great!  What is Smoke and Spice

 

Thanks! I'll look it up.

post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourismoker View Post

I love my wife to death but I think she thinks smoking is an exact science. I am in charge of the main course and she does the sides and rarely do we get done at the same time. Oh well!

I go thru this as well. The Bosses health problems make her extremely forgetful. Can smoke a pork butt on Sunday and have her ask me when it will be done....will be done when it is done, not a minute before....smoke a butt the following Sunday....Boss will ask what time will it be done....have to turn away before I roll my eyes...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › First time beer can chicken