Good afternoon, I stumbled upon this forum while researching into DIY'ing a UBS and thought it was an excellent resource and community.
So a little about me:
- My name is Eric
- I live in Northwest Indiana
- I live in a town so not "unincorporated" which means no giant fire pits etc...
- I currently have a small drum charcoal grill with side firebox similar to the cheap ones at any home improvement store and I'm not quite happy with it for many reasons. In my opinion its a decent grill, but not a great smoker especially for a rookie.
- I have decided to diy and electric "ugly drum" smoker and will most definitely be starting a thread to discuss my ideas and post about the progress. I see you guys like ogling at each other's setups.
- Finally, I'm a bit new to smoking, but I've been a long time griller and do most of the protein cooking for my family, but I've always enjoyed BBQ and smoking so now I'm diving head first into it.
I brew beer occasionally
I have a Great Dane who is hilarious