or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Myron Mixon and Costco

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Hey gang, it's been a long while since I've posted here but I felt compelled to share this.

 

Today its raining and cold.  I was at Costco's and came across a new product.  It's the Myron Mixon already smoked brisket.  I was curious and hungry and I figured for $9.99 what the heck.

 

Came home and heated it up:  GOOD GOD IT WAS GOOD.  The package did have a good amount of fat included but I didn't mind that.  The meat had a great flavor and the sauce was wonderful.  In all of the briskets that I've smoked, I never made a BBQ sauce for them (didn't think I ever needed to).  But now I'm thinking, as good as the meat was, the key to the success was in the sauce.  The package that the brisket came in mentions "Texas Sauce" and a listing of ingredients.  What I'm looking for is the exact method of making it. 

 

Does anyone have his sauce recipe?  I saw something on epicurious but I don't think it's accurate. 

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 6
I don't know if he gave out his exact sauce recipes in his books but you might try looking it up in them. Library etc.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQBrett View Post

I don't know if he gave out his exact sauce recipes in his books but you might try looking it up in them. Library etc.

 

Im 1 step ahead of you good buddy.  I'm checking to see if I can download it from my local library.  I have no intention on buying his book. That would be an absolute bore but the man can cook.

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryinggame View Post
 

 

Im 1 step ahead of you good buddy.  I'm checking to see if I can download it from my local library.  I have no intention on buying his book. That would be an absolute bore but the man can cook.

 

and he has really done a good job of marketing himself

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred77 View Post
 

 

and he has really done a good job of marketing himself


Yeah, He's a legend in his own mind!  (Sorry, Clint)

post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroforce100 View Post


Yeah, He's a legend in his own mind!  (Sorry, Clint)
Maybe so but that dude is seriously paid and has opened the smoking game to those who may not have originally had an interest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion