or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Breads › Ham and swiss cheese filled baguette
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ham and swiss cheese filled baguette

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Not much to say here: ham and cheese slices on the rolled baguette dough. Rolled up, pinch ends and seam , let rise, bake at 375. Sometimes I get the cheese oozing thru the seam but it won't make a mess ....kind of hardens and self seals.


post #2 of 11


Love It.  Good job.

 

Mr T

post #3 of 11
I'd eat it!
post #4 of 11

Looks tasty to me

 

Gary

post #5 of 11
Great, 8:44 am and now I want a ham and cheese sandwhich.... Looks good Atomic
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN offroader View Post

Great, 8:44 am and now I want a ham and cheese sandwhich.... Looks good Atomic
It does make a nice breakfast...and hot lunch when heated a little in the microwave oven, or evening snack when heated (whole, then sliced) in the oven.
post #7 of 11

Yep, looks great, like to have one for breakfast myself

 

Gary

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post

Yep, looks great, like to have one for breakfast myself

Gary
Indeed, especially after shoveling all that snow. :-)
post #9 of 11

Very nice.  I'll have to make those for dinner on Thursday.

 

I thaw Rhodes italian bread dough (I'm lazy), wrap up ham & cheddar like you, pepperoni, salami & provolone is my kids favorite.  I'll brush the on with olive oil to help it brown up nicely.

 

Sweat the pepperoni & salami on a paper bag while the oven's pre-heating.  This gets rid of some of the grease so it doesn't ooze out all over the place.

 

Don

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donr View Post

Very nice.  I'll have to make those for dinner on Thursday.

I thaw Rhodes italian bread dough (I'm lazy), wrap up ham & cheddar like you, pepperoni, salami & provolone is my kids favorite.  I'll brush the on with olive oil to help it brown up nicely.

Sweat the pepperoni & salami on a paper bag while the oven's pre-heating.  This gets rid of some of the grease so it doesn't ooze out all over the place.

Don
Great tips. Clearly you don't want any running liquids inside, or the dough won't bake.
post #11 of 11

The watery liquid from ham makes things doughy.  Some grease dripping from the pep & salami coming out kind of "grills" the bottom like a grilled cheese, tasty but too much is bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breads
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Breads › Ham and swiss cheese filled baguette