SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › New build from Sweden.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New build from Sweden. - Page 4

post #61 of 79

Nice Job, great build and a nice looking smoke     points1.png

 

 

Gary

post #62 of 79
Great build nice looking meat.
post #63 of 79
Thread Starter 

I have updated the 3D drawing with minor adjustments that I changed or would like to have a little different. Most changes are that I fabricated the chimney out of sheet metal instead of a 60mm x 120mm square tube that I did not use (had to buy 12 meters...). But the sheet metal is better and it makes the build much easier/cheaper.

 

I have not taken the time to update all 2D drawings since it takes alot of time. But if anyone of you want you can have the full 3D version. You have to make 2D drawings yourself but it shouldnt be a problem. You still need to be able to know some basics in CAD to see how it should be put together.

 

Have fun!

 

AutoCAD 2014 dwg-file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e73syfvnit5f40k/HolySmoke.dwg?dl=0


Edited by heinekenbeer - 12/31/15 at 3:53pm
post #64 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinekenbeer View Post

I have updated the 3D drawing with minor adjustments that I changed or would like to have a little different. Most changes are that I fabricated the chimney out of sheet metal instead of a 60mm x 120mm square tube that I did not use (had to buy 12 meters...). But the sheet metal is better and it makes the build much easier/cheaper.

I have not taken the time to update all 2D drawings since it takes alot of time. But if anyone of you want you can have the full 3D version. You have to make 2D drawings yourself but it shouldnt be a problem. You still need to be able to know some basics in CAD to see how it should be put together.

Have fun!

AutoCAD 2014 dwg-file
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i9y2f161czianlx/AADfJY_uqAjowL79MXp9Rv1Da?dl=0
post #65 of 79
Thread Starter 

New share of file if you need one. Old one was missing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e73syfvnit5f40k/HolySmoke.dwg?dl=0

post #66 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinekenbeer View Post

New share of file if you need one. Old one was missing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e73syfvnit5f40k/HolySmoke.dwg?dl=0
. I Try from my phone but did not work but I will try when I get home thanks!
post #67 of 79
So you have to know how to use cad to be able to see material list and drawings?
post #68 of 79
Thread Starter 
Yes
post #69 of 79
Ok thanks😕
post #70 of 79

Great looking build! I have been throwing around the idea of building a smoker like this, the CAD file will come in handy if I do.

post #71 of 79

whats a good cad program to try to learn on.

post #72 of 79

How big are the grates and the overall outside dimensions? Are they "standard" oven grates, or did you make those also?

 

I think I'm going to build a BWS clone also, just trying to decide what size. I'd need a lot of capacity, but still ideally it should fit into van upright...

post #73 of 79
Thread Starter 

Sorry for the late reply but probably Autocad 2016. Check and see if they have a trial version. It´s a bit to pricey to buy full version if you are not working with it for a living.

post #74 of 79
Thread Starter 

I am thinking of converting this build to a automatic PID/propane setup.

 

I have looked into using Honeywell VR8200A2132 but there are several versions and I have a hard time figuring out which one I need.

These are the options available, most builds use the A version but would not the H (Slow opening) be better? I cannot find any information what slow really is (how slow) but I have the idea that it might work better when it activates the burner. So that the gas doesnt blow out the pilot. Anyone here that have any input regarding this?

 

A Standard
C Step-opening
F Unregulated step-opening
H Slow-opening

 

And if you brake down the numbers, what are the last 2132 in "VR8200A2132"?

post #75 of 79
Thread Starter 

I used "GN" system since my plan was to be able to make several units (for friends etc). But it took to much time, cost and effort to complete even my first so I have not built a second :)

I dont know if its world wide or european. Plates are GN 1/1 (530x325mm) but you could put larger max 540x400mm if you make them yourself.

post #76 of 79


I know that not what you meant, but showing us your parts-Lol.:icon_biggrin:

post #77 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvinque View Post
 


I know that not what you meant, but showing us your parts-Lol.:icon_biggrin:

I have read your comment several times but still doesnt know what you mean lol!

post #78 of 79

Great build!  :points:

post #79 of 79

Instead of buying a CAD program and trying to learn I use a guy in Croatia who is a CAD expert to do all my designs.

 

I communicate via Skype/Whatsapp and email.  He charges me $10 an hour, so not worth my time trying to learn CAD that I rarely use.

 

Here's his contact   

 

Ivan Olija's profile photo
ivan.olija  (at)  gmail.com
 
Skype: oly7007
 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Reverse Flow
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › New build from Sweden.