First off, THANK YOU to everyone who posts in this forum. I have been toying around with building a smoker for a long time. I stumbled across the mini wsm and then this forum. Now I have my mini sitting pristine and ready for smoke. I was able to avoid time and headaches thanks to this forum and knocked out the build in 4 hours!
Now, I can grill with the best of them, but am totally new to smoke. Ive been hitting the books a bit but I'm curious what works best with our minis. So I have a few questions for you guys,
1) What kind of charcoal do you like best in the mini?
2) How much do you usually use?
3) How long is the burn? ( with a charcoal ring)
4) Whats a good first smoke? I want to go cheap because, well... I'm a poor college student and don't want to mess up an expensive cut.
5) I splurged on a Mav ET -73. What is the best place to put the smoke temp probe?
6) Just drop any knowledge on me that you think i should know! I'm all ears when it comes to smoke and y'all clearly know your stuff! I am sourcing some local apple and cherry wood and hope to smoke this weekend! I'm sure once the TBS starts flowing, the roomies will be circling like sharks! Again, Thank You for your posts!