or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › smoke intake to exhaust question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

smoke intake to exhaust question

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

been researching a lot on vertical reverse smokers......my question is what should the ratio of smoke into the CC be compared to smoke out. Example......do I make both side walls and the back "false" with a one inch gap and use dual exhaust on the sides in the middle?......why not half of each side in the middle and the exhaust in the rear? Hope this make sense lol.....

post #2 of 8

 

 

 

 

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 

ok...so I am figuring twice the intake to exhaust?.......

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 

its was easy with a drag racer.......just paint the header and where the paint did not burn.....cut it off lol

gotta run what ya brung

just lookin to bring something good to the table

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by detree View Post
 

ok...so I am figuring twice the intake to exhaust?.......


Those drawings aren't to scale...    equal CC inlets and CC exhaust....   this design hasn't been calculated....  only estimates of "theoretical" assumptions for a doable vertical smoker... minimizing friction loss.....

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by detree View Post
 

its was easy with a drag racer.......just paint the header and where the paint did not burn.....cut it off lol

gotta run what ya brung

just lookin to bring something good to the table


You must have been on the strip when I was....  Late '60's..... 

post #7 of 8

Aaah for the days when a distributor wrench and screwdriver were all that were required for a good tune and the words Laptop or code reader had not yet been invented.

 

Quote:
 You must have been on the strip when I was....  Late '60's.....
post #8 of 8

I remember those days

 

Gary

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Reverse Flow
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › smoke intake to exhaust question