or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › New mini-wsm build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New mini-wsm build - Page 2

post #21 of 33

HI All Stupid question, "IF" the bottom is cut out what goes on the bottom of the pot?

Thanks Dan

post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBono View Post
 

HI All Stupid question, "IF" the bottom is cut out what goes on the bottom of the pot?

Thanks Dan

More pots?

 

 

I put the lid of the pot on the bottom of the pot. It allows you t odo crazy things like this.

 

 

If you don't put the lid on the bottom the pot sits on this lip

 

 

With the lid attached to the the bottom of the pot the pot sits on the top of the base of the SMJ not in it

 

post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBono View Post
 

HI All Stupid question, "IF" the bottom is cut out what goes on the bottom of the pot?

Thanks Dan

If you were referring to diffuser supports I put my diffuser at the steamer insert level. Either on the steamer insert or another SMJ cooking grate.

post #24 of 33
Quote:Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

More pots?

 

 

I put the lid of the pot on the bottom of the pot. It allows you t odo crazy things like this.

 

 

If you don't put the lid on the bottom the pot sits on this lip

 

 

With the lid attached to the the bottom of the pot the pot sits on the top of the base of the SMJ not in it

 

 

Hi All I think I got it now:yahoo:So it all depends on where I want the pot to sit..Things wil get much clearer when I have all the parts.

Can I use 1/2 ball vales instead of the 3/4.I don't have a any thing to drill a 1" holes with.

Thanks Dan

post #25 of 33

Step ladder come with that ?

 

Gary

post #26 of 33

Hi All Can I use 1/2" b all vavles instead of the 3/4"?   I don't have anything to drill a 1" hole with, but can drill a 3/4" hole.

Thanks Dan

post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBono View Post

Hi All Can I use 1/2" b all vavles instead of the 3/4"?   I don't have anything to drill a 1" hole with, but can drill a 3/4" hole.
Thanks Dan

You could. May want to add another or two. Step bits are super cheap if you have a harbor freight they are around $10.
post #28 of 33

Hi I have the smaller step drill from HF, only goes to 3/4".

Just may go with the 1/2 vavles, if needed.

Thanks Dan


Edited by DanBono - 2/22/15 at 1:33pm
post #29 of 33
You can go without any other vents as long as you have an ash deflector. You just won't be able to crank the temps up super high. Start with two 1/2" and if that's not enough add some more.
post #30 of 33

Hi If I go with the gold SJ do I still need and ash defector?  I believe with the "gold" the vents are on the side.

Thanks Dan

post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBono View Post

Hi If I go with the gold SJ do I still need and ash defector?  I believe with the "gold" the vents are on the side.
Thanks Dan

No you do not, and you don't need side vents. I have heard though that the gold won't get as hot as the silver with side vents and that some are adding a lower vent like the silver to achieve high temps. So if you added the lower bemd then you'd need an ash deflector.
post #32 of 33

OK then..Still too cold n snowy to build it yet.

Thanks Dirtsailor

post #33 of 33

Understand Cold, not much fun

 

gary

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mini-WSM
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › New mini-wsm build