or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Couple Chubs of Summer Sausage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Couple Chubs of Summer Sausage - Page 3

post #41 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

Case I think if you used sliced they would break up when stuffing. I can picture whole ones in yours would look like olive loaf.

That may be the trick! I will have to play around with that I guess. I like green olives and pimentos in there.
post #42 of 59

Dang it DS Them sure do look good. Nice job as always. I would be doing some this weekend but wifes birthday and I am going to surprise her by taking her to Spokane, WA. for a shopping spree:th_crybaby2:, I rented the kids out to friends and same with the dogs, should be a good time. 

 

Smoke something good this weekend!!!

 

A Full smoker is a happy smoker 

 

DS

post #43 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
 

Dang it DS Them sure do look good. Nice job as always. I would be doing some this weekend but wifes birthday and I am going to surprise her by taking her to Spokane, WA. for a shopping spree:th_crybaby2:, I rented the kids out to friends and same with the dogs, should be a good time. 

 

Smoke something good this weekend!!!

 

A Full smoker is a happy smoker 

 

DS

I have been told that CHKN-N-MO or Toby's BBQ are some fine BBQ eating in Spokane, just saying! Have fun working that into your trip!

post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

I have been told that CHKN-N-MO or Toby's BBQ are some fine BBQ eating in Spokane, just saying! Have fun working that into your trip!

Ya her weekend so she will decide, no chinese or Japan food, spent two yrs over there while in service and that was enough for me, Plus we are still eating on the Pork Butts we did for the super bowl, I think she is spent on BBQ for the weekend, Need to find a Nice Steak place with some deep fried shrimp and a baked spud. 

 

Have a great weekend. 

 

DS

post #45 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
 

Ya her weekend so she will decide, no chinese or Japan food, spent two yrs over there while in service and that was enough for me, Plus we are still eating on the Pork Butts we did for the super bowl, I think she is spent on BBQ for the weekend, Need to find a Nice Steak place with some deep fried shrimp and a baked spud. 

 

Have a great weekend. 

 

DS

If  I even mentioned BBQ or smokers I'd be left on the side of the road! Have Fun!

post #46 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

If  I even mentioned BBQ or smokers I'd be left on the side of the road! Have Fun!

 

Case, I note you didn't reference a 'grinder' in that group.

post #47 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

Case, I note you didn't reference a 'grinder' in that group.

Good point Kevin! Or a stuffer!
post #48 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

So a question I've always had is how to mix sliced olives evenly into the meat to get them everywhere? I assume that you mix them in prior to stuffing?

You can chill the olives in the freezer then add them right before stuffing. Fold into the meat to disperse then stuff

post #49 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

You can chill the olives in the freezer then add them right before stuffing. Fold into the meat to disperse then stuff

Brilliant! Points back at ya!
post #50 of 59
Thread Starter 
I've been thinking that the olives stuffed jalapeños and the olives stuffed with garlic cloves would be a nice addition to summer sausages!
post #51 of 59
What temp do you smoked at looked like 175 to finish what do you start at and how many time do you bump it between? Looks good!grilling_smilie.gif
post #52 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverhunter View Post

What temp do you smoked at looked like 175 to finish what do you start at and how many time do you bump it between? Looks good!grilling_smilie.gif

I do a method of ramping up the temp every hour. I start at 100°f for the first hour, no smoke. Then I jump up to 120°f for the next hour, and I start adding smoke. Then 10°f every hour after that until I get to 180°.  I do this so I don't render out fat.

post #53 of 59

Those SS look delicious!

post #54 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
 

Those SS look delicious!

Thank you!

post #55 of 59

Real nice job Case.

I like to mix in a little ECA prior to stuffing and smoking for the "tang". 

post #56 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
 

Those SS look delicious!

Thank you!

post #57 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3 View Post
 

Real nice job Case.

I like to mix in a little ECA prior to stuffing and smoking for the "tang". 

Thanks Sam! I will keep that in mind when I start using my own seasoning. Do you mix the ECA with water prior to mixing or do you put it in dry?

post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

Thanks Sam! I will keep that in mind when I start using my own seasoning. Do you mix the ECA with water prior to mixing or do you put it in dry?

I mix it in dry just prior to stuffing into casings then smoking.

post #59 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3 View Post

I mix it in dry just prior to stuffing into casings then smoking.

Cool, thanks Sam!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Couple Chubs of Summer Sausage