or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Seahawk Superbowl Food
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Seahawk Superbowl Food

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Go hawks - my spritz I will be applying after the first for hrs 3-1 mix apple juice to Captain Morgans

 

 

Going to make some finishing sauce

 

 

Below I will be making jeffs BBQ Sauce

 

 

 

Rub I really like the JH Rubs

 

 

 

 

 

 

Into the fridge overnight - two 8lbs

 

 

 

Ready for the smoker next morning

 

 

added some more rub

 

 

 

After 4hrs at 224 I am at 142 out of the danger zone

 

 

 

 

 

 

After about 8hrs and spritzing every hr starting a good bark

 

 

Getting close

 

 

 

 

 

Look at the bark it is done

 

 

 

 

clean bone

 

 

 

Refreshment time - go hawks took about 13hrs from start to finish, last couple hrs turned up heat to 245

 

 

Thanks for looking

post #2 of 11

It looks GREAT! The only thing I would change is to take a shot of the Captain Morgan every hour and keep the smoker shut :biggrin:.

Happy smoken.

David

post #3 of 11
Looks tasty DS, I'll be pullin for your Hawks ! icon14.gif

beercheer.gif
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post

It looks GREAT! The only thing I would change is to take a shot of the Captain Morgan every hour and keep the smoker shut biggrin.gif .
Happy smoken.
David

Thanks Mule I will TRY next time but that sure made a great bark
post #5 of 11

DS nice job love the way the bone came out clean.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Looks tasty DS, I'll be pullin for your Hawks ! icon14.gif

beercheer.gif


WHB Thanks For now I am just glad they made it again, stomach is up set this will be a tough game

 

DS

post #7 of 11
Looks great DS! Nice smoke and a great choice of game day beer!
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

DS nice job love the way the bone came out clean.


Thanks Tropics,,, yep the two weener dogs sure had a treat this morning for breakfast

 

DS

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great DS! Nice smoke and a great choice of game day beer!


Thanks DS but on Game day I have to step it up a notch like the Hawks do.

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post

It looks GREAT! The only thing I would change is to take a shot of the Captain Morgan every hour and keep the smoker shut biggrin.gif .
Happy smoken.
David

Lol, that's what I was thinking! ;)

That looks really good there DS!

GO HAWKS!!!
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post


Thanks Mule I will TRY next time but that sure made a great bark

Maybe you could buy 2 bottles of Capitan Morgan next time :33:

Happy smoken.

David

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Seahawk Superbowl Food