or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Summer Sausage and Pulled Ham
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Summer Sausage and Pulled Ham

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

My family got together today (4 generations) for our annual sausage making day. We decided to to just make one sausage this year so we made venison summer sausage. We had pulled ham for lunch. I ordered some clear fibrous casings from Butcher Packer that I really liked. They are about 3 1/2 by 24" and made some nice heavy chubs in the 5-6 lb range. Here are a few pictures.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Made with extra mustard seeds, heat resistant cheddar cheese and 8 cups of NFPM per 50 lbs. Smoked with apple pellets to 153 IT. 2 more batches to smoke. Thanks for looking!

post #2 of 16

Awesome Family Production Line, Todd !!!Thumbs Up

 

Fantastic looking products too!!!:drool

 

And yes, our Northern snow does come in handy at times!!!

 

Great Thread!!-----------------:points:

 

 

Bear

post #3 of 16

Looks like a great time.

 

I have one of those old stuffers.

 

 

I usually keep my beer in the snow, guess it works with sausage too.   Thumbs Up

post #4 of 16

Now that is a fun family project! Kudos, Todd.

 

points1.png

 

Disco

post #5 of 16
Great family get together... and only 1 Stormy Kromer in the group.... my color too.....
post #6 of 16

Whoa and pulled ham for lunch! Beautiful butts!

 

Looks like fun! I like all that CI hanging on the wall too!

 

That SS looks really great, I like adding the mustard seed to it.!!

 

Great job.

post #7 of 16

That is some fine looking sausage. I like the old stuffer.

Happy smoken.

David

post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

Awesome Family Production Line, Todd !!!Thumbs Up

 

Fantastic looking products too!!!:drool

 

And yes, our Northern snow does come in handy at times!!!

 

Great Thread!!-----------------:points:

 

 

Bear

Thanks Bear! Snow is just as fast if not faster than ice water.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Now that is a fun family project! Kudos, Todd.

 

points1.png

 

Disco

Thanks, we have more fun when we get together for something like this than Christmas. Everyone can move around and visit while we are making sausage.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Great family get together... and only 1 Stormy Kromer in the group.... my color too.....

I have Stormy Kromer but it was 68 in the garage.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

Whoa and pulled ham for lunch! Beautiful butts!

 

Looks like fun! I like all that CI hanging on the wall too!

 

That SS looks really great, I like adding the mustard seed to it.!!

 

Great job.

Thanks! It might be possible to add too many mustard seeds but it hasn't happened to me yet. I had to annex the garage to the kitchen because cast iron takes a lot of room.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post
 

That is some fine looking sausage. I like the old stuffer.

Happy smoken.

David

post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post
 

That is some fine looking sausage. I like the old stuffer.

Happy smoken.

David


Thanks David! We actually broke it on Saturday. The cross shaft/gear cracked. I found another on Butcher Packer's site. It will be $43 but it is worth it. I went to Gander mountain and bought a 15lber. They had it on sale and an additional 10% off everything in the store. It ended up costing $199, I swear it is a Kirschner.

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post
 

 I went to Gander mountain and bought a 15lber.

 

Thats some serious sausage making!!

post #11 of 16

Got to love the whole clan getting together for some great looking sausage ! :points:

post #12 of 16
Great looking sausage! I'm retiring my old enterprise, bought the 5# LEM. Might even make some sausage this weekend.
post #13 of 16

Todd INC. can do sausages!

post #14 of 16

Gotta love family team work. Awesome!

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

Todd INC. can do sausages!

I think this looks just like my brother's Kirschner. Are they all made from the same manufacturer?

 

post #16 of 16

Looks good todd, i am jealous Michelle had pictures up

 

Brent

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Summer Sausage and Pulled Ham