Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew
Thanks, ABT's are simple but very tasty... Just slice a jalapeño in half, remove the seeds & membrane. Fill the emptied out half of the jalapeño with cream cheese & wrap with a slice of bacon....
I used some sliced pieces of green bell pepper for 1/2 of them, cause my fam doesn't like spicy.... They did like these, so we will do the bell peppers again for sure !
I smoked these at 250* for a couple hours !
I too use the Japs but I doctor up the cream cheese a bit. Here's my recipe if you want to try it.
12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. (Mushrooms are like sponges. If you wash them they absorb water)
2. Carefully break off stems. Chop extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems. (You can stuff some of the mushroom caps too if you want!)
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
4. When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
5. Stuff peppers and wrap with bacon. Smoke until cheese is melted and bacon is done.