My local grocer has a 25 lb., whole pork shoulder on sale for $1 per pound. I'll have to carry a tape measure with me to see if it will fit, but if it does, what kind of time I am looking to smoke a shoulder that size? I'm guessing 24 hours, but since I have never done one, thought I would seek some advice. We are having a real cold spell right now in NC, so the outside temp's will be below or right at freezing most of the time I have it on the smoker.
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/25/15
Related Forum Threads
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- WSM 18.5 has a new probe modification now? Anybody else know about this? Last post on 1/9/15 at 3:34pm in Charcoal Smokers
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have done them in the 20 lb range. If you can get good smoke at 300 degrees it will go about an hour per pound. If you want low and slow figure 2 hours per pound. I myself never jack the temp to get butts done in short order, but lots of folks do.
- Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5
- › Whole pig (with pics!) 18 minutes ago
- › Darn Tasty Armadillo Eggs 29 minutes ago
- › Replacement heating element 33 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 49 minutes ago
- › Grilla Silverbac 53 minutes ago
- › FIRST COOL DAY, GOTTA FIRE UP THE LANG! 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Old Commercial Cooler into a Hot Smoker 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Tri Tip! 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Ribs and Relaxation 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman