My local grocer has a 25 lb., whole pork shoulder on sale for $1 per pound. I'll have to carry a tape measure with me to see if it will fit, but if it does, what kind of time I am looking to smoke a shoulder that size? I'm guessing 24 hours, but since I have never done one, thought I would seek some advice. We are having a real cold spell right now in NC, so the outside temp's will be below or right at freezing most of the time I have it on the smoker.
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/25/15
Related Forum Threads
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- WSM 18.5 has a new probe modification now? Anybody else know about this? Last post on 1/9/15 at 3:34pm in Charcoal Smokers
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have done them in the 20 lb range. If you can get good smoke at 300 degrees it will go about an hour per pound. If you want low and slow figure 2 hours per pound. I myself never jack the temp to get butts done in short order, but lots of folks do.
- Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5
- › 12 racks of goodness 43 seconds ago
- › Calling all Smoke Hollow owners! 3 minutes ago
- › Small brisket. 7 minutes ago
- › Dallas Smoker/Grill Build 8 minutes ago
- › Low temp smoking with MES 30 9 minutes ago
- › Desired IT for Eye Round Pastrami 21 minutes ago
- › Which A-MAZE-N Smoker 26 minutes ago
- › Some Boston Butt Questions 35 minutes ago
- › First Time Smoking Chicken Wings 41 minutes ago
- › Disappointed with amount of smoke; bought a master built electric... 47 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma