or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoking Gadgets and Tools.  › Christmas came by UPS today!! Foamheart
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Christmas came by UPS today!! Foamheart - Page 3

post #41 of 54
Thread Starter 

OK, Can you believe Its ben nearly 2 weeks and I finially ground somthing up today? 

 

I boned out 2 butts, Terrible butts no wonder they were on sale. In the past I have spent one evening boning then grinding with the old 4th generation Enterprize manual grinder. Normally Grind tonight, stuff tomorrow, and smoke the next day, and on the 4th day he rested and said all was good.

 

OMG This is totally unbelieveable! It took twice as long to clean the grinder than it took to grind the meat!!

 

Big chunks, No Problem!, warm meat, No Problem! It could be true love!!

 

 

Look how big those chucks are! The feeder tray holds a WHOLE butt at a ttime!

 

 

 Not once, NOT ONCE, did I need the meat stomper! Just drop it in and this unit doesn't even go grrrrrrr...... while grinding! Even I went Grrrrrr during grinding. LOL

 

The bad news, I outsmarted myself. Some of you know I bought the 12 so I could use a 3/4" plate. I already have a 3/4" plate because thats what we have always used for chili meat (I did mention the 4th generation manual #12). Well a #12 is supposed to work on a #12, the old plate is thiner but has the proper alignment hole. When you look the center shaft pivot hole appears to be the same. Actually is like 1/100,000th of an inch off!

 

Options:

1.  Easiest would be to just buy an LEM #12 3/4" plate. They don't offer them.

2. I could go on line and find that my old Enterprize is now a Lehman's which no longer offers the #12 3/4" plate.

3. I could go online and try buying a #12 3/4" no name plate and hope it will fit my #12.

4. Find a local machine shop and try bribery with andouille.

 

Its either #3 or #4.

 

BTW LEM's largest plate is a 1/2"

 

 

And the apparent difference in the center bore size...............its an optical illusion. You can't see a difference when stacked.

 

I love this grinder...... now to make it mine!

post #42 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

OK, Can you believe Its ben nearly 2 weeks and I finially ground somthing up today? 

 

I boned out 2 butts, Terrible butts no wonder they were on sale. In the past I have spent one evening boning then grinding with the old 4th generation Enterprize manual grinder. Normally Grind tonight, stuff tomorrow, and smoke the next day, and on the 4th day he rested and said all was good.

 

OMG This is totally unbelieveable! It took twice as long to clean the grinder than it took to grind the meat!!

 

Big chunks, No Problem!, warm meat, No Problem! It could be true love!!

 

 

Look how big those chucks are! The feeder tray holds a WHOLE butt at a ttime!

 

 

 Not once, NOT ONCE, did I need the meat stomper! Just drop it in and this unit doesn't even go grrrrrrr...... while grinding! Even I went Grrrrrr during grinding. LOL

 

The bad news, I outsmarted myself. Some of you know I bought the 12 so I could use a 3/4" plate. I already have a 3/4" plate because thats what we have always used for chili meat (I did mention the 4th generation manual #12). Well a #12 is supposed to work on a #12, the old plate is thiner but has the proper alignment hole. When you look the center shaft pivot hole appears to be the same. Actually is like 1/100,000th of an inch off!

 

Options:

1.  Easiest would be to just buy an LEM #12 3/4" plate. They don't offer them.

2. I could go on line and find that my old Enterprize is now a Lehman's which no longer offers the #12 3/4" plate.

3. I could go online and try buying a #12 3/4" no name plate and hope it will fit my #12.

4. Find a local machine shop and try bribery with andouille.

 

Its either #3 or #4.

 

BTW LEM's largest plate is a 1/2"

 

 

And the apparent difference in the center bore size...............its an optical illusion. You can't see a difference when stacked.

 

I love this grinder...... now to make it mine!

 

 

That's because you ground up everything in the house !!

 

Gary

post #43 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

 

 

That's because you ground up everything in the house !!

 

Gary

 

LOL. My sister brought me a 60.00 brisket that was on sale tonight. She said, "Seriously? Chili meat?" ROFLMAO!!

post #44 of 54

Yeah... I remember when I got my commercial grade grinder................lol........

post #45 of 54
Thread Starter 

OK, I am a happy camper!! I want to just buy meat and grind it! LOL

 

This is the "Large plate" that came with my new #12 from LEM. I guess some would call that large, but I lived in Texas!

 

 

This is what I have used all my life on the old Enterprize handcrank I , my Dad, his Dad, and his Dad's Dad used.

 

Better than LEM's, but....... did I mention I had lived in West Texas!

 

 

 

AND Now..... with the andouille I have been hand cutting cause its how I remember it being done, I heard of this new Large plate, no, not a kidney plate but a grinder plate. Now thats a Texas sized plate! I think it will hold 5 each 12 guage shells at a time.

 

 

You should see this baby shoot out chili meat, I can't wait to try it on andouille!!! OMG what a great grinder I have....<Chuckles> What a country to have a huge big plate like this!!

post #46 of 54

Hahahahaha.... Having fun kevin? lol

post #47 of 54

That last one looks like a big grind

 

Gary

post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart 
...the #10/12 is the smallest grinder that can use the 3/4 plate.


Yep, that's why I have that size grinder.





=Martin=
post #49 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

OK, Can you believe Its ben nearly 2 weeks and I finially ground somthing up today? 

I boned out 2 butts, Terrible butts no wonder they were on sale. In the past I have spent one evening boning then grinding with the old 4th generation Enterprize manual grinder. Normally Grind tonight, stuff tomorrow, and smoke the next day, and on the 4th day he rested and said all was good.

OMG This is totally unbelieveable! It took twice as long to clean the grinder than it took to grind the meat!!

Big chunks, No Problem!, warm meat, No Problem! It could be true love!!




Look how big those chucks are! The feeder tray holds a WHOLE butt at a ttime!




 Not once, NOT ONCE, did I need the meat stomper! Just drop it in and this unit doesn't even go grrrrrrr...... while grinding! Even I went Grrrrrr during grinding. LOL

The bad news, I outsmarted myself. Some of you know I bought the 12 so I could use a 3/4" plate. I already have a 3/4" plate because thats what we have always used for chili meat (I did mention the 4th generation manual #12). Well a #12 is supposed to work on a #12, the old plate is thiner but has the proper alignment hole. When you look the center shaft pivot hole appears to be the same. Actually is like 1/100,000th of an inch off!

Options:
1.  Easiest would be to just buy an LEM #12 3/4" plate. They don't offer them.
2. I could go on line and find that my old Enterprize is now a Lehman's which no longer offers the #12 3/4" plate.
3. I could go online and try buying a #12 3/4" no name plate and hope it will fit my #12.
4. Find a local machine shop and try bribery with andouille.

Its either #3 or #4.

BTW LEM's largest plate is a 1/2"




And the apparent difference in the center bore size...............its an optical illusion. You can't see a difference when stacked.

I love this grinder...... now to make it mine!

Yep, plates aren't always compatible.
You'll find that not only can the center hole be off, but sometimes the knives from one manufacturer won't fully cover the holes in a plate from another manufacturer.

I got my 3/4" plates from the SausageMaker.
post #50 of 54

Where's the meatball plate? I want to see that thing spitting out perfect sized meatballs!!!!

post #51 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberjet View Post
 

Hahahahaha.... Having fun kevin? lol

 

Are you kidding....... Pop said i was going to either need to start back raising livestock or ask a butcher to contract me just to grind.....LOL

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

That last one looks like a big grind

 

Gary

 

I have not made andouille with it yet, I am looking forward to it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingDogFarm View Post


Yep, that's why I have that size grinder.





=Martin=

 

This is why I bought a #12 instead of a #5 or #8, the 3/4" plate. But the extra benefits are I can now try garlic bologna! Thurnger ( I have to learn about fermenting first), but mostly its chili and andoille. So I bought what I needed. It sure spits out that ground meat without an effort!

post #52 of 54
 

 

AND Now..... with the andouille I have been hand cutting cause its how I remember it being done, I heard of this new Large plate, no, not a kidney plate but a grinder plate. Now thats a Texas sized plate! I think it will hold 5 each 12 guage shells at a time.

 

 

You should see this baby shoot out chili meat, I can't wait to try it on andouille!!! OMG what a great grinder I have....<Chuckles> What a country to have a huge big plate like this!!

Look at the size of that thing.  Is that what you bought from that guy in Texas? You could drive a pickup through those holes.  Cant wait to see what the meat looks like after the first grind. 

post #53 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

Where's the meatball plate? I want to see that thing spitting out perfect sized meatballs!!!!


I think its a special attachment comes with the auto mixer and the jerky attachment.

 

<chuckles>

post #54 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

Look at the size of that thing.  Is that what you bought from that guy in Texas? You could drive a pickup through those holes.  Cant wait to see what the meat looks like after the first grind. 


Uhhh Uhh... Didn't I take pictures? I guess not, well next time I will. I was all excited in one minute all the meat in the reefer was ground and the motor never loaded down..>LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Smoking Gadgets and Tools.
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoking Gadgets and Tools.  › Christmas came by UPS today!! Foamheart