I was told I should come by and introduce myself.
Hi, I'm Jake from Dallas, TX, and I have been smoking on my OK Joe for about a year now. When I first got my OK Joe I went through and did some basic mods:
1. Extended exhaust vent to grill level
2. Purchased a convection/baffle plate
3. Charcoal Basket
4. Gasket around the doors to cook area and fire box
I've smoked ribs, pulled pork, and chicken so far. I'm trying to practice enough to where I feel comfortable doing a brisket.
I've come to find that I prefer briquettes to lump coal and I prefer pecan wood for most of my smokes.
What I Need to Work On
1. I may need to check for leaks in my smoker, since I didn't use any sealant when I put the smoker together.
2. I've attempt the minion method, but I'm pretty sure I screwed it up.
I'm always looking for advice/recipes/mods for smoking.