or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Cheese › Just a little batch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just a little batch

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Smoked up five blocks today! White cheddar, Muenster, Colby, Pepper jack and Swiss. Letting them rest in the reefer over night before sealing them away for a long rest. Opened a cheddar from 11/8/14 and man is it good. Have another half block in the fridge I did 11/13/14 that I'm gonna let go as long as I can before opening. Thanks for the look.
post #2 of 9

Looks great, just opened my last block of cheese that was smoked 7 months ago and it was just great. 

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear55 View Post

Looks great, just opened my last block of cheese that was smoked 7 months ago and it was just great. 
Thanks Bear. Just getting into the cheese smoking. Made my own cold smoker and think it works pretty good.
post #4 of 9

They look great ! I'm really starting to like the Colby jack and Muenster better than the cheddars

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoon View Post

They look great ! I'm really starting to like the Colby jack and Muenster better than the cheddars
Thanks Crazy! I am a lover of all cheese. I didn't think I could love it anymore but adding smoke has made it so!
post #6 of 9

Good job Brooksy,  give some Pepper Jack a try along with the others.

 

Tell us more about your cold smoker.

 

Enjoy your cheese.

 

Tom

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post

Good job Brooksy,  give some Pepper Jack a try along with the others.

Tell us more about your cold smoker.

Enjoy your cheese.

Tom
Thanks Mr T! I have a block of pepper jack in with this batch thinking it will be awesome. The cold smoker is just a rolled piece of perforated metal. Basically just a tube I stuff with chips light and let it smolder nothing special. I use it in the charcoal grill part of my big smoker. Seems to be working pretty good. Can't wait to try it out on bacon bellies. Gonna try burning pellets in it to see if they burn longer.
post #8 of 9

Wayne, Nice looking cheese. It has great color. Cheese is one of the things I never plan on running out of.

Happy smoken.

David

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post

Wayne, Nice looking cheese. It has great color. Cheese is one of the things I never plan on running out of.
Happy smoken.
David
I've seen the amount of cheese you have in the fridge! I think my lady would shoot me if I filled the fridge that much. Thanks for looking and the nice words.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cheese
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Cheese › Just a little batch