or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meat mixer ?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Any suggestions or DIY meat mixers can you use a drywall mud mixer ?
post #2 of 12
I just use my hands, I've heard meat mixers are a PITA ! Just my two pennies !
post #3 of 12
Meat mixers are nice. Just a bear to clean up unless you have a nice deep sink.
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad-one View Post

Any suggestions or DIY meat mixers can you use a drywall mud mixer ?

 

Yes. There are a few guys using mud mixers. Pick one with blades rather than just wire like a Whisk...JJ

 

This Kobalt is from Lowes at $10.68.

 

Kobalt 30" Steel Swift Mud Mixer

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
The blade is made out of aluminum what about the middle bar is that safe for food ?
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad-one View Post

The blade is made out of aluminum what about the middle bar is that safe for food ?



Yep.... Steel... like a frying pan....
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmudd14474 View Post

Meat mixers are nice. Just a bear to clean up unless you have a nice deep sink.

Yup, what he said! 

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post


Yep.... Steel... like a frying pan....

:biggrin:

post #10 of 12

I use a 20 lb.er made by Weston. Got tired of crankin' by hand, so I converted it to a geared motor. Ya, they're a pita to clean but isn't everything? Mine cost $149.00 from Cabelas before I converted it. I feel that a mixer does a more thorough job than by hand, besides...while the meat is mixing, I can be doing something else (like cleaning up the grinder). Just my two cents.

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Do they not come apart to be cleaned does anyone have Lem brand ?
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad-one View Post

Do they not come apart to be cleaned does anyone have Lem brand ?

It comes apart but the big tank part is the hard part to clean esp when the seasonings get sticky and into the cracks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage