- 17 Posts. Joined 10/2014
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCheesetagged by Bama BBQ, 11/28/14
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
Is it ever too cold?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I have had to preheat my smoker to cold smoke. The smoker inside temp has to be above freezing and below the melting point of the cheese you are smoking. I'd say 80° is going to be max for about any cheese.
Good advice from all of the above. It's the internal smoker temperature that we are concerned with not the external. If you keep the temp between 0°c - 27°c as Bear55 said you will be fine.
Maybe the following will help in the future. Mr T's "Smoked Cheese From Go To Show" w/ Q- View
Enjoy your cheese.
- Is it ever too cold?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Getting more flavor in my jerky. 35 minutes ago
- › Large Cook Advice 53 minutes ago
- › Finally—-Eye Round in the SV (Fork Tender!!) 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › First FULL Brisket 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Neighbors ever complain about smoke??? 5 hours ago
- › Reverse Seared Cowboy Steaks w/ Q-View 5 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › First Charcuterie Done !! 5 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Trying Umai Soppressata 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Results of removing some mods, for stick burning. 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Buying used 18" WSM 5 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ