- 17 Posts. Joined 10/2014
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCheesetagged by Bama BBQ, 11/28/14
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
Is it ever too cold?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I have had to preheat my smoker to cold smoke. The smoker inside temp has to be above freezing and below the melting point of the cheese you are smoking. I'd say 80° is going to be max for about any cheese.
Good advice from all of the above. It's the internal smoker temperature that we are concerned with not the external. If you keep the temp between 0°c - 27°c as Bear55 said you will be fine.
Maybe the following will help in the future. Mr T's "Smoked Cheese From Go To Show" w/ Q- View
Enjoy your cheese.
- Is it ever too cold?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Sous Vide Top Round (Tender Test) 22 seconds ago
- › UMAi Salami 27 seconds ago
- › Newbie again: What are all these things to put on ribs??? Rub,... 1 minute ago
- › Soppressata di...Szeged 3 minutes ago
- › In response to cranky's porkapolypse 3 minutes ago
- › 36cu.ft. Cypress/ Hardie board Outhouse smoker build -pics. addded 3 minutes ago
- › Hi guys from england, totally fresh to smoking 3 minutes ago
- › Good morning from beautiful NEPA 5 minutes ago
- › Smoker/Cooker Build 5 minutes ago
- › Pork Butt - Just relax and let the smoker and pork butt do its thang 6 minutes ago
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients