MMmmmm, such delicious offerings to the Spirit of Blessings and Love. Leah and Welshrarebit I can feel the Love in your homes.
Leah's rabbit had me smiling because one of our daughters who is visiting works for a grocery chain with stores across the US. They had rabbit on sale for the holiday and had protesters yesterday outside her store. The protesters all had rabbits for pets. The protesters carried signs while wearing rabbit suits and bunny ears. They even had their kids there dressed the same way. Ahhh, ya gotta love the San Francisco Bay Area! Always entertaining!
It was a fun story for her to share while we dined on;
- Cream of fresh cauliflower soup seasoned with cumin, nutmeg, and topped with oyster crackers and diced green onions.
- Green salad with toasted almonds, sweet tomatoes, and yellow peppers drizzled with rosemary olive oil and peach balsamic vinegar.
- Amish bread rolls rated ugliest ever made by me but oh so delicious.
- Orange juice brined, garlic rubbed, hickory and cherry smoked turkey.
- Oven baked cornbread stuffing, my wife's family recipe.
- Smoke roasted, poultry seasoned, chardonnay basted, turkey dripping potatoes, onions, carrots and celery.
- Turkey creamed gravy flavored with previously smoked turkey gelatin and today's turkey drippings
- Cranberry orange salad.
- Sweet potato pie topped with heavy cream whipped stiff, flavored with Mexican vanilla and a little sugar.
The deviled eggs appetizer and grill roasted zucchini got pushed off the menu to tomorrow. The bottle of family labeled chardonnay was never opened and we didn't realize it until later! It too will find the corkscrew tomorrow.
There were only three of us but we have lots of leftovers, full bellies, and smiles enough to share.
The only pics of the food are still in my daughter's phone. I'll have to have her send them to me so I can post them here.
Happy Thanksgiving All!