This weekend, the one just prior to thanksgiving every year spurs me into doing huge smoke jobs.
this weekend is no exception.
1. maple-crushed peppercorn bacons
(8) 10 lb bellies been curing (8) gal Vat
since Veterans Day.
2. 20 front shoulder roasts/ making
making into 5 lb hams.
curing now for 4 days in 15 gal. vat of
pure maple, brown sugar, and 1lb of cloves.
and fully injected.
3. (10) 20 lb turkeys been dry cure rub now
for (3) days.
4. 50 lbs breakfast sausage. put 10 lbs in rings
and smoke the rest 1 lb packages and freeze.
5. 50 llb pineapple brats, just batch and freeze
(5) per lb. (250) count.
6. 50 lbs jalapeno and cheddar brats and freeze
(5) per lb (250 count
7. 130 lbs reg brats and freeze
(5) per lb (650) count
8. (8) baby back (spare rib) slabs rubbing them dawn
tonight and let stand,
Every thing is going into the smoker at 6:am Sat,
morning, cold smoke at around 98 to 100 deg. for
6 hours. Then its blast off time, crank on the
heat and cook it out.
hoping to pull the last turkeys at midnight
Right at 500 lbs of meat.
Makes great thanksgiving and Christmas gifts.
So i guess you could say my shopping will be over this weekend.
Hopefully this coming week i can make it out into the timber and take a couple deer with my bow tags
and the following weekend do summer sausages and sticks.
Got to love this time of year.
I'll try to post some pictures.
Edited by elkmaster101 - 11/20/14 at 10:55am