or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fatties › Freezing an uncooked fatty??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Freezing an uncooked fatty??

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I couldn't find any posts about this in search - my apologies if I missed them. Has anyone froze an unsmoked breakfast fatty?

Thanks
post #2 of 13

As long as everything in it is ok to freeze you should be good to go.

Happy smoken.

David

post #3 of 13
Be extra cautious of contamination if using chicken.
post #4 of 13
We do this all the time. Just like meat loaf. I form mine, freeze, then vac pack and put back in the freezer. If you need to you can take it right out of the freezer and put it right into the smoker.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys! I'm going to make my first fatty this weekend as a trial-run for TDay. Will also be doing a 12lb bird as a test in my MES 30"
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilayles View Post

Thanks guys! I'm going to make my first fatty this weekend as a trial-run for TDay. Will also be doing a 12lb bird as a test in my MES 30"

Remember to post a Qview or Bottom.gif!

Happy smoken.

David

post #7 of 13

I always make them and freeze them.  Especially when there is a good sale on sausage at the store.  I stuff them with whatever odds and ends i have to use or freeze in my fridge and throw them in the freezer.  Then all you have to do is thaw, bacon wrap, and smoke!

post #8 of 13

Freeze away, no worries.

post #9 of 13

I have not tried freezing uncooked fatties either wonder the same thing. So, did you try it how did it turn out ???

post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida tater View Post
 

I have not tried freezing uncooked fatties either wonder the same thing. So, did you try it how did it turn out ???


Sorry I see the answers now. The forum page wasn't loaded up when I replied...

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post
 

I always make them and freeze them.  Especially when there is a good sale on sausage at the store.  I stuff them with whatever odds and ends i have to use or freeze in my fridge and throw them in the freezer.  Then all you have to do is thaw, bacon wrap, and smoke!


Why not wrap with bacon before freezing?

post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieDave View Post


Why not wrap with bacon before freezing?

There's no reason not to. That's what we do, then all you have to do is throw it on the fire.
post #13 of 13
I usually stock up on bacon when it's on sale and toss it in the freezer.... So it's usually frozen, so if I buy fresh sausage, I roll the fatty but have no fresh bacon to wrap it with. That's why I do it that way. If I had fresh sausage and fresh bacon, I would definitely wrap it beforehand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fatties
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fatties › Freezing an uncooked fatty??