or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Smoke Houses › My Smoke House build...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Smoke House build...

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

Pad and block in place so far...


Pad is 4'x6'

House will be 4'x4' and 8' tall. Planning on smoke'n 2-3 pigs at a time...


mats will be tongue and grove red pine(inside), larch for frame and tin for outside...

will update as i go.

But now its time for me to head out to my tree stand, the wife and kids call it the meat stand.

I get a decent deer from it every year.

57.gif

post #2 of 19

The smoker looks good so far. Good luck it the meat stand.

Happy smoken.

David

post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 

Sooo,

 

my wife and boss "stole" my prints and BoM...

 


not exactly to my specs but it looks damn good and i got to hunt while it was put together.

post #4 of 19
Free labor I wouldn't complain either! Looks great!
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 

well we got the house set on the blocks!


still have to attach my vents and install barrel stove ...

old well case used for pipe...

back to the woods need more venison !

:781:

post #6 of 19

I would say it turned out very well. Get your wife a hammer and a rifle and you might be smoking soon.

Happy smoken.

David

post #7 of 19
Very nice.... I'm ready for the test run...
post #8 of 19

This is how I have my plans made.

 

Looks great.

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post
 

I would say it turned out very well. Get your wife a hammer and a rifle and you might be smoking soon.

Happy smoken.

David


actually a hammer is the first gift i gave her. Rifle was the second...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Very nice.... I'm ready for the test run...


So am i! but i still have to finish the stove.

Thanks for the comments y'all I'm die'n to post some QView but it will be a few weeks 8(

post #10 of 19
Looks great, can't wait to see a pork hanging.
post #11 of 19
Looks Good!
Wished I had room for a smokehouse like that.You did a great job on it!
Ernie
post #12 of 19
Is there's reason you don't tap into your outdoor wood stove for some cold smoke being it is right next to the smoker? I recently installed a diverted valve in my chimney to T off to smoker. If I want hot smoke I have fire box under I can use. Just curious
post #13 of 19


Are you planning steps to the door? And some manner of floor at the block level?

post #14 of 19
Nice looking smoke shack! Did you insulate under the siding? It appears that you framed for insulation. If so did you use rigid insulation?
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivore71 View Post

Is there's reason you don't tap into your outdoor wood stove for some cold smoke being it is right next to the smoker? I recently installed a diverted valve in my chimney to T off to smoker. If I want hot smoke I have fire box under I can use. Just curious


I did not. Oak, ash, poplar, pine, trash smoke would destroy all my hard work i put into raising/hunting/butchering/curring my meats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssorllih View Post
 


Are you planning steps to the door? And some manner of floor at the block level?


uhhh steps? I'm 6'6'' what are steps?

A stainless steal grate will be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Nice looking smoke shack! Did you insulate under the siding? It appears that you framed for insulation. If so did you use rigid insulation?


yes, inso w/fire proof  refer board actually. 

post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYpigFarmer View Post
 


I did not. Oak, ash, poplar, pine, trash smoke would destroy all my hard work i put into raising/hunting/butchering/curring my meats.


uhhh steps? I'm 6'6'' what are steps?

A stainless steal grate will be used.


yes, inso w/fire proof  refer board actually. 

You have 14 inches of height on me and probably 2 feet of reach. I can touch the head jambs in normal doorways. lol.

post #17 of 19

That's nice , we will be watching for the Grand Reveal . . . Coffee.gif

post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq View Post
 

That's nice , we will be watching for the Grand Reveal . . . Coffee.gif


Thanks oldschoolbbq! Me too!

Wish my farm was in Texas, I hate this commie state of NY...

post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 

IT SMOKES !

 


Makeshift stove barrel...Plan to build a brick stove to appease the wife.

"Barrel is ugly, people will see it!"

 


ball valve to control air...

 


cure'n duh house!

Back to hunt'n one more doe tag to fill only have 2 days left.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Smoke Houses
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Smoke Houses › My Smoke House build...