I had a previous post which I was thinking of getting an electric smoker but right now because I am on a fixed income, and I can only spend between $100 and $200 because of this. I can't afford to get a Masterbuilt one that many people recommend, so I would like to know out of the following models which one you would recommend:
1. Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoke 'N Grill (has no temperature control, keeps one temperature). uses lava rocks
2. Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill with Additional Electric Converter Kit (Original has thermostat) (same as #1)
(Note: I do have a more detailed thermometer which I have purchased that has the temperature numbers that I can use in place of the WARM/IDEAL/HOT one Brinkmann has)
3. CharBroil 14201677 Electric Smoker (has analog temperature control), has vents
4. Old Smokey Electric Smoker (formerly known as Redi-Smok)-has analog temperature control, no vent but uses grease absorbent granules
5. Academy Sports Electric Smoker-same as #1 but has detailed temperature gauge and vent unlike Brinkmann-it costs $79.95 and if you go to http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/outdoor-gourmet-electric-water-smoker/pid-779911?
color=Green&N=578824977&Ntt=smokers&Ntk=All , you will see it.
6. Bradley's new Compact 2 rack Smoker that drops pucks, however, it only uses pucks made by Bradley (or any other company, if available) instead of the wood chips or sticks that the other five can use. Here are the links from Bradley: http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/product/2-rack-compact-smoker/ and Bass Pro Shops: http://www.basspro.com/Bradley-Smoker-2-Rack-Electric-Smoker/product/1404091336283/