or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Pellet Smokers  › issue with A-maz-n smoker. help please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

issue with A-maz-n smoker. help please

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I might be using the smoker incorrectly. I am having trouble keeping it smoking inside my Cookshack smoker. I want to be able to cold smoke my bacon, summer sausage etc before turning on the heat. After starting the A-maz-n, it will shut down after just a few minutes. Is it not designed to work inside a smoker? Could it be an oxygen issue?Any suggestions would be appreciated.
post #2 of 11

I've found with both the tube smoker and maze smoker, I have to really get a small fire started first, let it get going for several minutes, blow out the fire, then put in the Bradley smoker. Once I started doing this, I stopped having "flamouts"

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks. Maybe I'm not letting it burn long enough. I'll let it go longer.
post #4 of 11

Make sure it is lit and you have red hot pellets going, with a good air supply

post #5 of 11

I use a propane torch and get the pellets really glowing and smoking, most of the time I get a small flame

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
 

I use a propane torch and get the pellets really glowing and smoking, most of the time I get a small flame


This^^^^^^

post #7 of 11

I think the issue you have is that you are using a Cookshack smoker. They typically have a very small air inlet and outlet, so while they are great at holding in moisture, they do not have great airflow. So probably not enough oxygen getting inside to keep it going. Is there something wrong with burning wood chunks in the smokebox?

Maybe someone who owns one can chime in here and add if they've had any luck?

post #8 of 11

Also you may have some moisture in your pellets, I always nuke mine for a min. or so then light, good flame for 10min or so blow out and no issues, but if this does not work for you may try to open some of your bottom dampers (if you have them, not familiar with that smoker)

 

Good luck and let us know 

 

A full smoker is a happy smoker

 

DS

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneeley490 View Post
 

I think the issue you have is that you are using a Cookshack smoker. They typically have a very small air inlet and outlet, so while they are great at holding in moisture, they do not have great airflow. So probably not enough oxygen getting inside to keep it going.

yeahthat.gif

post #10 of 11
I get a small flame going with a torch and then use a heat gun on high and it takes me about 30 seconds to start the pellets into a 1 inch long coal bed. You can really get a roaring fire, it warps the metal on the amnps it's so hot.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whataMESs View Post

I get a small flame going with a torch and then use a heat gun on high and it takes me about 30 seconds to start the pellets into a 1 inch long coal bed. You can really get a roaring fire, it warps the metal on the amnps it's so hot.


Sounds like an airflow issue.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pellet Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Pellet Smokers  › issue with A-maz-n smoker. help please