So I got fed up my my wally world split barrel non sealing char brand smoker. I scored a New Braunfels off craigslist for $125. No rust holes! I'm going to restore it to its former glory, here is what I do know:
1) Lower chimney to grate level
2) add bricks for heat retention
3) make firebox basket
4) remove the aftermarket propane install
And here are my questions if anyone would be so kind to answer:
1) Small angled heat baffle, tuned plate or reverse flow?
2) clean the inside "seasoning" or leave it?