Due to a busy week, the smoker was not an option so I oven roasted it. Used a method I have been using for a while:
1. Rub the roast liberally with garlic salt and wrap it up and in the fridge over night.
2. Unwrap it and give it a good deal
cracked black pepper.
3. Roast it in a 225 oven until it reaches 115 IT.
4. Shut the oven off but don't open the door
5. take it out of the oven when the IT reaches 130.
The whole process took about 2 hours or so. I let it rest for a couple hours and sliced it in half just to check the doneness.
Wrapped it up and stuck it into the fridge until the next day.
Loaded into the slicer:
Sliced fairly evenly;
Now.. For the questions.
1) how do you keep the thickness knob from
Moving while slicing?
2). How much if any pressure should I be applying for deli thin slices?
3). Is the smooth blade necessary for the most thin, uniform cuts?
4.). How often and with what so I need to lubricate different parts of the machine?
Thanks all for your help!