or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Ribeye - A test of my new 12" AMNTS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ribeye - A test of my new 12" AMNTS

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Well, I just received by 12" AMNTS package from Todd at A-MAZE-N products.  I took the tube through the pre-burn, so why not put It to the test?  Typically, I post smokes from the WSM, but tonight we try the AMNTS on the Summit.  Time for some cold smoked ribeyes!

 

Just some EVOO, S&P:

 

 

AMNTS lit with Oak, time for a 90 minute cold smoke:

 

 

More to come!

post #2 of 17

Got my attention ... More :popcorn

post #3 of 17

I am in.

post #4 of 17
Oh yeah!!! You're gonna love that amnts! I won one in June.

I use it at least once a week ...
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 

Wow!  Filled the AMNTS about half full and it worked perfect!  Thanks again Todd.  After a 90 minute oak smoke with no heat, fired the grill.  Here is the finished product:

 

 

 

Thanks for looking!

post #6 of 17
Tasty looking steaks! I use my 12" & 18" AMNTS all the time!
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 

Thanks Case!

post #8 of 17
Looks awesome. Just have to watch cold smoking non cured meats.
post #9 of 17
Looks great. Congrats
post #10 of 17
Awesome lookin steaks ! icon14.gif
post #11 of 17
That's the ultimate reverse sear! Congrats on the TD win and on the great steaks!
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 

Thanks for all of the comments, looking forward to some more AMNTS experiments!

post #13 of 17

Looks Great, Briggy!!!:drool

 

I used to do that same thing with my Ribeyes, but it's a real PITA trying to cold smoke mine, and then get mine and Mrs Bear's steak (unsmoked) done at the same time!!!:icon_rolleyes:

 

I still remember how good they are, and yours looks Perfect !!:drool:drool

 

 

Bear

post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

Looks Great, Briggy!!!:drool

 

I used to do that same thing with my Ribeyes, but it's a real PITA trying to cold smoke mine, and then get mine and Mrs Bear's steak (unsmoked) done at the same time!!!:icon_rolleyes:

 

I still remember how good they are, and yours looks Perfect !!:drool:drool

 

 

Bear

 

Thanks Bear!  Luckily the Mrs. and I eat them the exact same way, keeps it simple!

post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Looks awesome. Just have to watch cold smoking non cured meats.

 

Just a quick question as I continue to learn here.  Our temp last night was unseasonably cold - in the 40s.  Since these were cold smoked and then went straight on to a hot grill with the total process completed within a couple of hours would this seem ok or risky?

post #16 of 17
You're fine. The mantra around here is to err on the side of safety, so generally folks get a little twitchy when speaking of cold smoling un cured meats. The reality is you were in no danger. The general rule is in and out of the temperature danger zone in under 4 hours.
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post

You're fine. The mantra around here is to err on the side of safety, so generally folks get a little twitchy when speaking of cold smoling un cured meats. The reality is you were in no danger. The general rule is in and out of the temperature danger zone in under 4 hours.

 

Thanks Md - that is what I thought but just wanted to make sure.  They were so good I would hate not to make them that way again!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Ribeye - A test of my new 12" AMNTS