or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Peach Smoked Chicken Wings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peach Smoked Chicken Wings - Page 2

post #21 of 33
Thread Starter 
Thanks a a Brooksy and Adam. Ya, after learning this whole new style of cooking, the restaurants I once thought were so great, are still good, but not as great as I once thought.
post #22 of 33

Nice :drool , he says as he drowns in drool.............

post #23 of 33
Thread Starter 
Thanks Stan. I stashed a few to be able to reheat and enjoy today, and I think they got even better. I preheated oven to 450 and baked for 12 min, man they were so good!!!
post #24 of 33
Awesome smoke 5 o'clock, damn..... Everything looks great & had to be tasty.... icon14.gif I especially like the pre-smoke refreshment in pic #9.... Somehow pre-smoke, post-smoke & the area in between always seems to go smoother with a little ice cold refreshment ! beercheer.gif
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Thanks Justin. The wings were great. I gotta agree a cold brew fills that void nicely. Besides doesn't beer go with wings like bread with butter??? biggrin.gif
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclocksomewher View Post

Peach Smoked Wings, Baked Crunchy Potato Wedges ( from my Schwan Man) and steamed vegetable medley.


Mmm...now that is a a pretty plate! drool.gif To my thinking, that right there is a feast! Very nice job on those wings! icon14.gif

Red
post #27 of 33
Thread Starter 
Hey thanks Red. Man those wings were a feast. Next time Id like to smoke Reds Wings.
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclocksomewher View Post

Thanks for all the complements everyone. Was very pleased with the finished product. Only problem is once you have smoked wings from your own pit, those wing joints once frequented just don't cut it anymore!!!

 

 

Isn't that the truth!! Looks GREAT, but I have to ask.....please tell/explain the reason for placing them in then freezer.

post #29 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyFingers View Post


Isn't that the truth!! Looks GREAT, but I have to ask.....please tell/explain the reason for placing them in then freezer.

Thanks. I put them in the freezer for 2 reasons. First I was hoping it would help more of the rub (paste) to adhere to the wings. Second, I smoke at 300 degrees to get the skin the way I like it. My thought process was to drop the temp of the wings in order to keep in smoke longer for more flavor.
Did it work you ask, well I'm not sure how much of a difference it made, but they really came out great.
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclocksomewher View Post


Thanks. I put them in the freezer for 2 reasons. First I was hoping it would help more of the rub (paste) to adhere to the wings. Second, I smoke at 300 degrees to get the skin the way I like it. My thought process was to drop the temp of the wings in order to keep in smoke longer for more flavor.
Did it work you ask, well I'm not sure how much of a difference it made, but they really came out great.

Interesting idea! May even be genius! I smoke mine at a higher temp as well. Nicely done!!

post #31 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyFingers View Post

Interesting idea! May even be genius! I smoke mine at a higher temp as well. Nicely done!!

LOL!!! I've been called a lot of things lately, but not the "G" word. Thanks so much SF. 45.gifyahoo.gif
post #32 of 33

The peach sounds like pure sweet goodness. I make alot of Jamaican jerk cooking and use pimento wood and sweet wood alot when doing so. These woods infuse more of a sweet note to the meat which would compliment the peach better than hickory, cherry or any of the other common woods out there that we typically use. Its not a wood you will find in your local bbq store so I get mine online at a place called Pimento Wood Products.   Would love to know what you used besides peach in your marinade to try this myself. PM me if you are willing to share the marinade.  Happy smokin

post #33 of 33
Thread Starter 
I use Jeff's rub and bbq sauce. It's kicks butt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Peach Smoked Chicken Wings