Hi there. I'm new to this smoking foods thing. I want to finally start smoking some of this salmon we've been catching. Obviously I will probably be smoking other foods down the road, but for now I want to do some salmon!
I've pretty much decided on the Masterbuilt 40" w/ window Model #20070512, but have some other questions:
- How well does the MES produce smoke at the lower temps needed for smoking fish?
- Do I need the Masterbuilt Cold Smoking Kit or the AMNPS? Seems the AMNPS is highly regarded here.
- Do I need mesh fish mats for smoking salmon?
- How is the temp control on the MES? If I set it for 140°F, is it going to be 140°F in there? Or do I need an external thermometer? If so, what one is recommended?
- Is there anything else I need, or need to know?