I thought I would post up how this goes today. I have been having problems getting up to 225 or over. It seems like I was burning a lot of charcoal too. So today I started throwing in some splits. I cut these splits into 5 to 8 in lengths and approx 2 to 3" spuares.
Mods so far.
Extended the inside of the stack down.
Testing out the new charcoal basket. Prior to this I would use the coal rack flipped over for the increased height. With a bunch of unlit and a full chimney of lit Kingsford charcoal.
My other charcoal rack is upside down and pushed all the way against the firebox side. I suspended it with bolts so it is above the fire box opening. I can document that later.