or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Labor Day Weekend smoke with Q View!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Labor Day Weekend smoke with Q View!

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

(2) 9lb bone in boston butts

(3) slabs of baby back ribs

 

Decided to try Jeff's Pork Burnt Ends Recipe.  Used Bad Byron's rub and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.

 

Second butt to be pulled and currently going strong in the smoker.  Made fresh batch of JJ's finishing sauce.  

 

I usually do not wrap my Baby Backs but this week I saw Chicago Ribfest on Food Network and one of the teams wrapped their ribs in honey, brown sugar, and butter.  Decided to give it a try.

 

Enjoy!

 

Just under 170 ready to dice up for burnt ends.  Smoking with apple/ hickory mix.

 

Ready to cube.

 

About to get some Sweet Baby Rays and a bit more Bad Byron's.

 

All sauced up.  Back in smoker.  

 

Honey, Brown Sugar, and butter waiting on Baby Backs.

 

 Sprayed with apple juice before wrapping.

 

post #2 of 7

Hey , JD . Nice looking Butt you have :rolleyes: . Nice bark and color , and your Ribs look awesome too:icon_exclaim:

 

Keep up the good work and practice often , we love the Q-view and drooling :drool

 

Have a great Labor Day  and as always . . .

post #3 of 7
Sweet Baby Ray is our go to sauce. All varieties are great. Not sure what my fav is.

The shoulder looks awesome never thought about cubing one.

How does it turn out?

How long do you smoke after cubing?

Thanks in advance
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Burnt ends turned out great. Cubed when butt reached 170 then smoked for about 3 more hours at 255-265 range. They came out tender.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2220 View Post

Burnt ends turned out great. Cubed when butt reached 170 then smoked for about 3 more hours at 255-265 range. They came out tender.

th_nopicsye3.gif

The rest looked good.

Happy smoken.

David

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEUBrewer View Post

Sweet Baby Ray is our go to sauce. All varieties are great. Not sure what my fav is.

The shoulder looks awesome never thought about cubing one.

How does it turn out?

How long do you smoke after cubing?

Thanks in advance

 

 

What he said......LOVE the Ray's sauces. 

 

Scott

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post
 

th_nopicsye3.gif

The rest looked good.

Happy smoken.

David

Got too busy eating the burnt ends but here you go on the photo.  :icon_smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Labor Day Weekend smoke with Q View!