or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Smoked Chicken Wings (1st attempt)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked Chicken Wings (1st attempt)

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

I finally got around to picking up some wings and trying to smoke them, and I am so glad that I did :)

 

Bought a pack of wings, but I didn't want to cook the whole thing, so I cut them up and just left the Flat Wing Tip

 

Time: Estimated 1 hour, 15 minutes

Temperature: 250 degrees Fahrenheit

Wood: 75% Apple, 25% Pecan

Rub: A1 "Sweet Mesquite"

Sauce: Stubbs "Sweet Heat"

 

 

The pack I bought came with about 30 wings, but since it was my first time and I was home alone, I only cooked 12 (the materials obviously outweighed the very small amount of meat being cooked) but I didn't want to make a big mistake and ruin a 20 dollar batch of wings.

 

Overall, they came out delicious!!! Definitely plan on grabbing about two packs next time, and cooking them for the family. Try and get some corn, maybe southern hash browns, and make a whole meal out of them :)

 

TIME FOR THE Q-VIEW

 

As you can see, I trimmed it to just the Flat Wing Tip

Seasoned With Some A1

Smoker / Beer / Digital Thermometer (the necessities lol)

Sprayed With Olive Oil / Apple Cider Vinegar Mix

5 Minutes On The Grill To Crisp The Skin

Stubbs "Sweet Heat" painted onto the wings, and we're done!

post #2 of 7
Tasty looking bird parts!

With your smoker crank up the temp. You'll get plenty smoke and no need to fire up the grill to crisp.

Check out these for some added wow factor!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/119306/scarbelly-wings-buffalo-style

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/157169/scarbelly-wings-taken-to-the-next-level


PS. I like your marinating tub :)
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Tasty looking bird parts!

With your smoker crank up the temp. You'll get plenty smoke and no need to fire up the grill to crisp.

Check out these for some added wow factor!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/119306/scarbelly-wings-buffalo-style

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/157169/scarbelly-wings-taken-to-the-next-level


PS. I like your marinating tub :)


Thanks man, yea after making them I noticed that I could definitely run the temp up higher. But I was being cautious to make sure they came out perfect lol.

Love the links, I'm going to try the injecting idea on my left over wings I didn't cook. Might just do them on the grill with my smoker box though. Save some propane in my smoker for a larger meal :P

 

yea I love the plastic container I have, the lid makes a great secondary tub because it's also indented. Works awesome for my steaks, ribs, and even holds a whole chicken with no problem.

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by QinAintEasy562 View Post

 

yea I love the plastic container I have, the lid makes a great secondary tub because it's also indented. Works awesome for my steaks, ribs, and even holds a whole chicken with no problem.

 

Thats the best marinating pan tupperware ever made. Just walk by and flip it over occassional.

 

Nice looking wings!  I like wings, but I am so embarassed to eat them, I know someone will count all the bones on my plate....

post #5 of 7

Those look great. The higher heat will definitely help if you like crispier skin .

 

Now I need to find a Tupperware Party :ROTF. I like that , makes being lazy easier. :confused:

post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 

There's a great chance that a Tupperware Party is exactly where my mom got it from. lol  She used to organize them back in the day. :P

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

 

Thats the best marinating pan tupperware ever made. Just walk by and flip it over occassional.

 

Nice looking wings!  I like wings, but I am so embarassed to eat them, I know someone will count all the bones on my plate....

 

We have that marinating Tupperware in blue.....and you are correct Foam.....IT ROCKS!!!!  I love me some wings......too much :biggrin:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Smoked Chicken Wings (1st attempt)